Redbrick is headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
“It's amazing to work on a team of talented individuals that constantly challenge you to better yourself while offering support all along the way. That's what it's like working at Redbrick. Everyone here strives for excellence and no one gets left behind. We are all working toward the same goals in different capacities, and we all rely on each other to achieve them.”
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in the office. In-office time brings many perks, however, we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
We are seeking a Full-Time Senior Accountant who loves solving challenges, hard work, and technology. You will take initiative and be comfortable in a VERY fast-paced, multi-faceted environment (as the tech industry is known for!). Efficient in multitasking, you will maintain attention to detail and manage time effectively and efficiently. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance Team in the daily financial needs of the company. You will be able to work in a small team, while also being able to work independently.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Senior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing AP/AR
- Bank reconciliation overview
- Journal entries
- Monthly working-paper reconciliations
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statement preparation and support
- Year-end working papers and supporting external accountants requests
- Ad-hoc as required (there’s LOTS of ad-hoc! Like, lots.)
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Senior Accountant, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
Working towards or currently enrolled in the CPA program would be considered an asset.
- 4+ years of experience in a role with similar duties in a fast-paced accounting role is required.
- You are a positive, energetic person who likes to be challenged.
- You are proactive. You can take a project and/or events and run with it with little guidance.
- Have extremely high standards when it comes to your contributions professionally.
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting.
- Strong ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills.
- Maintains a professional attitude combined with discretion and diplomacy when working with confidential information.
- Have a keen focus on attention to detail.
- You value kindness and seek to work in an inclusive and supportive environment.
- An added bonus if you have experience with Xero, Intacct, Google Suite, and Expensify.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with a one-page resume and a cover letter here: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=89
2. Take this opportunity in your cover letter to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level