We have recently acquired a new company in Boston, USA and this position will oversee the accounting for this company from Victoria. This position is a fast-paced position with lots of variety. We are a cohesive team that truly enjoys working together. We believe that hard work and fun can co-exist.
What you will do:
- Coordinating with our Centre of Excellence to ensure master data, journal entries, and accounts payable are managed by them in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and manage the purchase order process to ensure accurate coding and that approvals are timely.
- Manage the month-end billing process and identify issues such as returns and rejects, billing errors. Manage AR collections and merchant support.
- Aid the Sales team to ensure a smooth ordering process.
- Bank reconciliations
- Review and analysis of the GL for inaccuracies
- Ownership of the GL including reconciliation of the intercompany transactions.
- Assisting the Sr. Financial Analyst on monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts and budgets for this entity.
- Special projects and assisting the team as required.
Working with COE on:
- Purchasing- oversee PO process, ensure POs are prepared timely, coding is correct, approvals flow is working
- Payables- oversee that invoices are entered by COE, applied correctly against POs and coding is correct
- Payments- ensure vendor invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Master Data- ensuring that master data is entered into the system and all updates are captured.
- Journal Entries- ensure all journal entries send to COE are entered correctly and timely
- Billings- run month-end billing file, sending out invoices, managing ACH payments, returns and rejects.
- Work with sales on facilitating equipment ordering and invoicing
- Manage aged receivables, collections of outstanding amounts
- Answer questions from merchants on their billings, investigate and resolve billing problems
- Bank Reconciliations including downloading bank files
- Reconciling and managing the intercompany
- Assist the senior financial analyst in pulling and compiling the data necessary to prepare the monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecasts for Worldline SMB USA.
- Provide backup support for our reporting package into France.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, a self-starter
- Able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent time management
- Strong accounting skills with attention to detail, high level of accuracy
- Advanced Excel, knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of IFRS
- ERP experience preferably with SAP
- The ideal candidate will have a CPA or working towards it, with an
- undergraduate degree in Accounting.
Who we are:
We are proud to come together as innovators, service engineers, financial advisors, marketers, and digital masters. We are champions of everyday commerce. We don’t wait for change, but rather see it as our mission to challenge: push the boundaries, redefine normal, and thereby achieve the extraordinary.
The payment market is rapidly changing, and Bambora, a Worldline Brand is a part of that change. We are a payment company with a global presence and a mission to simplify payments for small and midsized merchants whether that business is in-store, online, or in-app. In November 2020, we became part of Worldline, one of the world's largest payment companies, which provides increased opportunities for us to simplify payments and help customers grow worldwide. In North America, we are globally minded with a start-up atmosphere. You will experience this in your everyday life as a Worldliner.
Worldline provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level