Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching (Canada) and 401k (US)
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Commute to work reimbursement
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
5 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
“I've never worked anywhere with such a range of opportunities to expand your skills. We get to work with a multitude of brands, and an outstanding team. Redbrick is a place where you always feel supported to do your best work.”
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and office. In-office time brings many perks, however, we also place emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Accountant who loves solving challenges, hard work, and technology. You will take initiative and be comfortable in a VERY fast-paced, multi-faceted environment (as the tech industry is known for!). Efficient in multitasking, you will maintain attention to detail and manage time effectively and efficiently. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance Team in the daily financial needs of the companies within the portfolio.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Senior Accountant, you’ll be responsible for:
- General ledger maintenance
- Monthly working-paper reconciliations
- Fixed assets
- Journal entries
- Government reporting and remittances
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Supporting junior accounting staff
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statement preparation and support
- Year-end working papers and supporting external accountants' requests
- Policies and procedures development and improvement
- Internal control policies
- Ad-hoc as required
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Senior Accountant, these are the extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- Recent CPA graduate or in final stages
- Experience with similar duties in a fast-paced accounting role is required
- Experience in a multi-entity environment
- Experience in a multi-currency environment
- Experience with audited financial statements
- You are a positive, energetic person who likes to be challenged
- You are proactive. You can take a project and/or event and run with it with little guidance.
- Have extremely high standards when it comes to your contributions professionally
- Solutions focused
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting
- Strong ability to multi-task and problem-solve
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Possess a professional attitude combined with discretion and diplomacy when working with confidential information
- Have a keen focus on attention to detail
- An added bonus if you have experience with Sage Intacct, Stripe/Braintree, Recurly, Google Suite, and Expensify.
- An added bonus if you have experience with US GAAP.
- Above all, you value kindness and seek to work in an inclusive and supportive environment.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with a one-page resume and a cover letter - https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/careers/232
- Take this opportunity in your cover letter to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level