The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
Our twitch-input sports games are viscerally paced, stylized and often satirical – but they are also faithful to the sports they represent. Animation that hits all these notes is a keystone in our creative approach. We're looking to expand our in-house team with someone who can help us reach the next level with these ideas on our next title. Good in-game animation is a product of communication throughout the team; you will work with teammates across the gameplay, tools teams. A good sense of humor will go a long way here too!
What you'll do:
- Create fun and responsive animations for our stylized sports games.
- Expand our gameplay animation systems and blend trees.
- Work with leads to design fluid workflows for teammates across multiple disciplines.
- Animate cinematic sequences.
- Push and enhance the humor of our characters.
- Retarget animations between differently proportioned skeletons.
- You will report to our Senior Development Director
Qualities we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development and animation blending systems.
- Work with specialists in other disciplines like designers and engineers.
- Work independently.
- An aptitude for mentoring.
We also look for...
- Experience in cinematic planning and timing.
- Experience working in 3ds Max CAT and Motion Builder.
- Experience with motion capture workflows.
- A cover letter along with your resume is greatly appreciated.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we're always looking for:
- You love to consume art as much as you love to make it and you want to hone your craft.
- A sense of humility and ability to excel in a team environment. You look for help when you're stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it's time to get 'er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It's just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you've worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
Apply now via the EA Careers page!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level