Vivid Solutions is a software development company that creates and implements innovative technology solutions. We thrive on tackling challenges and developing solutions that help people and businesses do what they do even better.
With a focus on value and quality we work closely with our clients to identify the strategic needs of their business to determine the technology capabilities required to support their goals. We help our clients navigate their specific situation to enable them to confidently address technology related decisions and create enduring results.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Application Architect to provide leading IT services to our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead key technology project initiatives, working closely with key stakeholders within and outside of our organization.
- Develop solution architecture artifacts such as solution assessments, business and technical architectures, and conceptual designs.
- Define business problems, solution objectives, solution scope and develop current state, future state, and gap analysis artifacts as input into solutions.
- Provide oversight and assistance in the production of requirements (functional and non-functional), business process designs, technical specifications, solution development and testing activities.
- Improve collaborative efforts, developer best practices and integration across technology teams.
- Apply best practices for delivery of customer engagements, staff management and financial management.
- Work with technology stakeholders to understand technology roadmaps, enterprise architectures, standards and current technology enablers and tool sets to align solutions with.
- Contribute to and drive the organization’s technology culture and learning.
- Actively represent Vivid Solutions’ culture by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning, personal and professional development and team building.
- 8+ years’ industry experience with a broad knowledge/understanding of IT resources and methodologies and a track record for solutions delivery in a variety of problem domains and technology environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with business area leaders to translate issues into conceptual solutions with corresponding business cases leading to project initiation and implementation of solutions.
- Leadership in solution implementations involving custom application development, package implementation, and/or platform integration.
- Experience in delivering solutions requiring information security, privacy and compliance.
- A deep understanding of the dynamics of customer engagements and experience where you have defined the methods and deliverables to meet the requirements of different types of engagements.
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams to deliver solutions and acting as a liaison between business and technical project team members.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills and where you have delivered solution presentations to business executives and technical stakeholders, assisted in the creation of business cases, lobbied for solution acceptance and directed a team through solution definition, development and implementation.
- A demonstrated desire to be continually learning and staying relevant.
- Strong continuous improvement mindset to drive transformational change where required.
- Masters, Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a Computer Science or IT field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of current best practices in project management, technical architectures, application development, user experience and professional service delivery.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels.
- Ability to lead and participate in a highly team-oriented and matrixed work environment.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Scrum and other Agile Methodologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including presentations and public speaking.
Nice to have:
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- Scrum Master certification.
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Annual Sick Leave.
- Personal Health and Wellness budget.
- Team events.
- A company that’s committed to a work life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level