Senior Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst
BC Pension Corporation
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
As we gradually transition to a hybrid workplace, the health and safety of staff remain our priority. We continue to update our safety protocols to reflect our commitment to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our employees. Beginning the first week of November, we will transition to a hybrid work model where staff are supported to work both in office and from home. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and may vary according to the unique needs of each business area. This will support our culture of community and connection while we continue to maintain flexibility, productivity and collaboration.
We are seeking Senior Business Systems Analysts to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will be a part of a high functioning team of IT professionals. You will be engaged in fast paced, challenging, and exciting work, including projects that will shape the future of our work and support our journey towards becoming an insights-driven organization.
The Business Services branch is focusing on several key areas to contribute to Plan 20/30:
- Enhancing our employer digital services
- Elevating our member and employers service experience by increasing system reliability and capability
- Providing increased visibility into key organizational performance measures
- Digitizing workflow to increase operational efficiency
This role requires an analytical, forward thinking individual to provide expert advice to staff, lead multiple projects, and to work closely and collaboratively with other Corporation staff, stakeholders, management, and other project team members. You will identify solutions to meet business needs to drive operational excellence and develop as a leader.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, information systems or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Three years of recent experience leading business analysis and/or business system analysis on large scale business operations and/or high risk projects, including management of financial and human resources. Preference may be given to those with four years of experience leading business analysis and/or business system analysis on large scale business operations and/or high-risk projects, including management of financial and human resources.
- Experience leading system projects within demanding timelines.
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements and/or functional specifications.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring others. Preference may be given to those with two years of supervisory experience.
Nice to have
- Preference may be given to candidates with the following experience:
- SQL query development/reporting.
- Gathering business/technical requirements by facilitating cross-functional meetings, including user/customer centric design improvements.
To learn more about the Senior Business Systems Analyst position, please click here: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/14168.html
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC