Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca.
What we offer:
- Flexible work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of home/on-campus)
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces, sit/stand desks, and lots of natural light
- Ongoing training, professional development opportunities, and scholarship programs
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
Hybrid Work Model
This position is located in our Victoria, BC office. You will have the opportunity to work part of the time on-campus and part of the time off-campus. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and vary according to the unique needs of each business area.
We are seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (Sr. BSA) provides business systems analysis services by mapping ongoing business and technology needs, while analyzing and proposing future technologies, consistent with the Corporation's strategic plans and system standards. This position provides expert advice to staff, leads multiple projects, and works closely and collaboratively with other Corporation staff, stakeholders, management, and other project team members. The Sr. BSA coaches and mentors business services staff and may lead a small-to-mid size team of Business Systems Analysts.
A "day in the life" of a Sr. BSA at BC Pension Corporation may include spending time in meetings or workshops where you will be gathering information or seeking agreement on the contents of the project artifacts that you produce. You will be reviewing data and traceability patterns, analyzing or writing documentation or working out the optimum way to define a particular need, requirement or process, resolving issues and overseeing the implementation of solutions.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you have the experience, skillset, and passion for, and you are eager to join a dynamic team, apply below!
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree in computer science, information systems or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Three years of recent experience leading business analysis and/or business system analysis on large scale business operations and/or high-risk projects, including management of financial and human resources.
- Experience leading system projects with demanding timelines.
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements and/or functional specifications by facilitating cross-functional meetings.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring others.
Nice to have
Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience querying and manipulating data in an Oracle database using SQL.
- Experience working directly with report consumers and other stakeholders to develop and hand-over reports.
To learn more about the Senior Business Systems Analyst position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job requirements.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please allow approximately 20 minutes to complete this questionnaire.
Please submit your application through the Apply Now feature on this page.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level