Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Frontend Developer
Architects, structural engineers, owners, and developers are urgently seeking proven ways to reduce the embodied carbon of their building projects. Recognizing concrete as a solution, CarbonCure Technologies, a fast-growing, clean tech company, has developed a carbon dioxide removal (CDR) technology widely used by concrete producers to reduce their environmental impact and production costs. The technology injects captured CO₂ into concrete during mixing, where it is mineralized and permanently removed from the atmosphere. Available from hundreds of concrete plants, CarbonCure-based mixes are transforming the built environment and have permanently removed more than 100,000 million tons of carbon emissions from the atmosphere.
CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s 2020 North American Company of the Year and winner of the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE competition. CarbonCure’s investors include Amazon, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Microsoft, Shopify, Mitsubishi Corporation, and Carbon Direct.
The company's core values are innovation, sustainability, trust, high performance, collaboration, and straight talk.
Our team is made up of energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals from the US and Canada who are passionate about developing meaningful solutions to combat climate change. Besides being dedicated to our mission, we believe in work-life balance and an active involvement in the local community. We value integrity and accountability, and believe in concepts like straight-talk, thinking outside of the box, and shaking up old practices. Be it amongst our team, in front of our customers or with our broader community, we always go the extra mile to deliver exceptional results.
CarbonCure is looking for a senior front-end developer to assist with ongoing projects. You’ll be working on a platform which leverages our data to provide a suite of internal and customer facing tools. The team is small, tight-knit and supportive, with emphasis on trust and independence. As a senior developer, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the team with strong architectural direction.
- A passion for sustainability and addressing climate change
- Attention to detail with focus on the user
- Seven (7) years of directly related experience in front-end development
- Demonstrable history of architecting and developing single-page applications
- Experience with React and Recoil
- Experience with NPM to build and streamline processes
- Project experience of integration with authentication providers
- Strong understanding of the UX and user-centric design processes
- Knowledge of deployment on cloud platforms
- Passionate about teamwork, through good commit messages, well-explained documentation, and clean, commented code
- Extensive history of working with backend developers to integrate with internal APIs
- Experience with TypeScript, including migration of projects to TypeScript
- Knowledge of FusionAuth
- Experience integrating design systems, specifically Material Design
- Full-time position will be remote, with a country-wide team located in British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia
- Work with a high-functioning team dedicated to our customers and producing high quality output
- Hours are flexible, but a minimum of eight (8) hours Monday to Friday is required, with the possibility of additional time based on project and customer demand
- Participate in on-going discussions and contribute ideas that speak to project objectives like design, user experience, development, testing solutions, and tools
Why work here?
- Actively participate in a tangible cleantech solution in the fight against climate change
- Join a small team where your contributions are critical to everyone’s success
- Compensation based on experience
- Work laptop of your choosing
- Work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Remote work with flexible hours
CarbonCure is an exciting and fast-paced company that is making a significant impact on reducing CO₂ emissions in the concrete industry. The team is full of motivated and talented individuals who all work together to achieve the ultimate mission of reducing embodied CO₂ emissions by 500 megatonnes annually.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, citizenship status, marital status, actual or perceived sexual orientation. We value diversity and recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel passionate about this opportunity and believe that you have the skills to excel in this role, apply! Or if this sounds like someone you know, please share this posting.
Please visit our careers page to apply: https://www.carboncure.com/careers/
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Senior Level