Closing Date: August 31, 2022
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) is one of the largest asset managers in Canada. With $211.1 billion of managed assets, BCI invests globally on behalf of public sector clients. We do fulfilling and meaningful work that makes a difference: 630,000 pension plan beneficiaries and 2.5 million British Columbian workers depend on our clients’ returns. Ensuring their continued financial security is important to us.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity.
BCI is focused on building a culture of excellence through our people practices and employee led initiatives. Being named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers is recognition of BCI’s ongoing effort to be a progressive workplace of choice that continues to attract, retain and promote talent professionals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on the specialized skills and expertise of its people to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs.
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
Join a world class team of professionals, working together to ensure over half a million British Columbians – have a financially secure future. Make an impact in an expanding organization while working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As a Senior Network Engineer at BCI, you will join a dynamic team responsible for architecting, deploying, managing, and securing the network and infrastructure needed to support our network services for our internal teams and external clients. You will work with various stakeholders across the organization to drive change. This involves collaborating with members of cross-functional teams in an Agile hybrid environment. You will enable the effective and efficient delivery of secure and high-quality network products and services.
We are excited to offer a way of working that provides flexibility in the workforce while maintaining operational readiness! By blending remote and in-office work, we are able to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that comes with working from home, and the collaboration, teamwork and sense of belonging that comes from working together face-to-face.
This work can be done from our Victoria or Vancouver office location, with travel between the two cities (paid for by BCI).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a multi-site network operations environment
- Excellent knowledge of network design and network system fundamentals as well as a passion to continuously improve in this area
- Extensive hands-on experience managing and troubleshooting equipment from a variety of network infrastructure providers which could include CISCO, Juniper, Aruba, F5, Palo Alto, Checkpoint
- Experienced in working and supporting cloud environments (MS Azure)
- Experience automating network administration using Python, Perl, or other scripting languages is a definite asset
- Exposure or experience with cloud-based networking solutions is highly desirable but the ability to learn and master this new area is essential
- Excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
- Professional certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Juniper Networks Certifications or equivalent credentials is an asset
Your skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. We strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Collaborates with team members and other IT teams on technical roadmap planning, development, and implementation
- Participates in projects related to secure network design, implementation, and optimization
- Conducts research on network products, services and standards in support of secure network design including task automation and NetOps platform best practices
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for network operations
- Oversees the installation, configuration, upgrades and maintenance of network components, and provides day-to-day operational support of network infrastructure
- Manages network security solutions including firewalls, anti-malware, DNS, IPS, IDS, and wireless infrastructure
- Manages network hardware equipment including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs
- Ensures optimal performance of network connectivity for all workstations, servers, and services across multiple BCI office locations
- Diagnoses and resolves both routine and complex network problems through effective root cause analysis
- Recommends, develops, and implements actions plans and solutions which either solve customer problems or result in continuous improvements to the BCI networking infrastructure
- Practices network asset management including the maintenance of network inventory, technical specifications, and related documentation
- Provides expert input to the development of a network and disaster recovery plan for BCI
- Monitors and tests network performance, and provides performance statistics and reports
- Recommends, schedules, and performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Interacts with multiple vendors, suppliers and contractors for network products and services
- Assess vendor and supplier services and performance to ensure that BCI receives excellent value for money spent
- Participates in the development of service level agreements with vendors and end users
- Provides feedback to product teams to further enhance and develop network products
- Ensures technical artifacts are accurate, accessible, maintained and communicated
WHY WORK AT BCI?
BCI is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and has built programs and benefits to support our employees. As an employee of BCI you will have access to:
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges
- Extended health and dental coverage
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Participation in our defined benefit pension plan
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Various wellness benefits
This role is in our Victoria OR Vancouver office. We offer relocation support for the selected candidate.
Apply now, interviews will commence as applications are received!
BCI has previously enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the wellbeing of all employees. This policy is currently suspended and may be reinstated based on level of risk to BCI employees or Provincial Health Order requirements.
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at: https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level