Senior Programmer Analyst
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Are you an experienced Programmer Analyst with a solid toolkit of technical, analytical and leadership skills?
- Are you driven by modern development methodologies and owning the application management lifecycle process?
- Are you motivated to dig in, solve problems, support change and make a difference?
- Are you passionate about mentoring and coaching others to ensure that everyone is growing and learning?
- Do you thrive in a client-focused environment where relationships and the work that you do has real impact?
BC Assessment is currently looking for a Senior Programmer Analyst to join our Information Technology Services team. This leadership role requires an in-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, the application management lifecycle process, and application architecture. The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for the organization-wide implementation and integration of new software application development tools and services to ensure successful delivery in support of corporate goals. The successful candidate is passionate about leading application development teams in the development, configuration, maintenance, enhancement, and implementation of applications and application support services, including progress monitoring and control of activities to ensure completion of project deliverables or assigned work orders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides organization-wide direction, technology leadership, corporate expertise, and high-level systems advice to IT/business professionals; defines and develops corporate custom application development policies and standards.
- Oversee application development team resources in the tracking, prioritization and quality development of approved corporate application solutions and products
- Oversees and organizes the organization’s high-level enterprise-wide application development processes used to design, develop, test, integrate, upgrade, and maintain enterprise-wide applications.
- Explores new application development and delivery services, and evaluates new vendor products for these areas; leads the overall evaluation and cost-benefit analysis of new corporate software products and development tools.
- Provides guidance and standards for source code migration management tools and techniques to application development teams; leads design modifications and improvements of application development tools, techniques and standards.
- Identify issues, organizes problem resolution and preventative maintenance of corporate application development infrastructure, and develops innovative, integrated, and workable corporate solutions.
- Defines, develops and maintains a library of standard programming utilities; oversees and optimizes custom application code where a major impact or risk is identified by operations.
- As a senior IT resource, leads and guides corporate teams consisting of managers, ITS staff, business, and others in the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of complex enterprise- wide business applications.
To be successful in this role:
You need to be a proactive, detail-oriented, analytical, customer-focused individual that understands the application management lifecycle, modern methodologies and change management. You are able to understand issues, prioritize tasks, coordinate resources and make sound decisions that contribute to the success of the organization. You are highly technical, but have strong interpersonal skills and experience in a leadership role with a small team. You can do the necessary analysis and can communicate solutions to all levels within the organization. You also work collaboratively with your stakeholders and fully understand their business needs. You can act effectively in fast-paced environment and can pivot when required. You can prioritize your tasks and projects to ensure they continue to move forward.
Relationship-building skills, communication skills and organizational ability are key to being successful in this role. You must be able to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people, build teams, and support cross-functional teams within the organization. This role requires strong verbal and written communication skills (both technical and non), as well as facilitation skills to disseminate and gather information to and from relevant stakeholders.
This position is included in the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
Location: Victoria, BC - Uptown
Compensation: $81,750.39 - $96,176.57 (plus 6.25% TMA)
Competition Close Date: July 14, 2021 @ 11:59PM
Please note that we intend to conduct interviews for this position the week of August 9th - 13th.
- A university degree in computer science, software engineering, application development, or information systems.
- The following certifications would be an asset:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- MC Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- MCSD App Builder
- A minimum of eight years progressively responsible application development, with a minimum 3 years experience in a leadership role (mentoring, conflict resolution, team building).
- Experience developing four or more of: .NET framework, MVC, WCF, WebAPI, SOA, Web Services, Agile, Windows OS, Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience setting up standards, policies and best practices
- Experience in applying database design and administration towards application development
- Experience in developing internet and web based applications
- Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL programming
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks and flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits, plus other wellness focused programs and benefits
- Retirement benefits – including public service pension plan
- Career development – ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- An award-winning culture!
Visit our benefits page to learn more and know that if you join the BC Assessment team, your skills and experience will be valued and will make a difference in the communities that we work and live.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values inclusion and diversity. All of our offices are accessible and reasonable accommodations will be made to persons with disabilities.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level