We are an IT solutions and consulting company located in beautiful British Columbia Canada, with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. With over 35 years of IT sector experience we provide customized technology solutions, design and develop software, technology integration, and end-to-end Cloud Solutions on the MS Dynamics 365 platform.
Quartech works in Agile environment and alignment with the DevOps philosophy. Constantly on top of the changing market, we work with emerging technologies like IoT, Blockchain & AI. As we continue to experience significant growth year after year & with our focus on doing great work with highly collaborative teams and a wide range of projects in every industry sector, Quartech is an exciting place to be!
Summary of the role:
Quartech is looking for a Senior Project Manager with strong agile and Scrum-based project experience to work with our public service clients in a variety of industries. As the Senior Project Manager, your responsibility will be to coordinate the people and processes that ensure that our projects are delivered within a Scrumfall approach, on time, within budget, and produce the desired results. You will help to minimize cost and risks and provide the required liaison, documentation, and everyday management of people and projects.
In this role you will:
- Provide overall direction to the design, development, implementation, and delivery of technology projects with varying levels of complexity which may include overseeing multiple work streams
- Manage the workload through agile tools such as Jira, DevOps, Trello
- Manage project scope, timeline, budget, and quality established by the client
- Create and maintain project/Scrum management deliverables such as Jira Boards, Burndown Charts, Issue and Risk Management Logs, Executive level status reports, project Road Maps
- Communicate project status, risks, issues, and budget to the project governance and appropriate stakeholders
- Manage cross-functional project teams including assigning work, mentoring, and managing resource allocation
- Measure project performance and take proactive action to keep the project on track
- Handle project escalations and direct corrective actions
- Ensure process standards and compliance are maintained, as per Quartech and client requirements
To be successful in this role, you must bring the following minimum qualifications:
- University Degree or College/Institute Diploma in computer sciences or business administration or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Scrum Master Certification or a combination of training and experience delivering Scrum projects
- 4+ years’ recent experience delivering IT solutions
- 2+ years’ experience working on Agile and Scrum projects as a Scrum Master
- 3+ years’ of experience managing project teams of 10+ members
- At least 2+ years delivering enterprise level transformation projects
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $5M+
- PMP Certification or other methodology certifications would be an asset
- Exceptional stakeholder and vendor management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Deliver WOW
- Do the right thing
- Have fun!
What's exciting about working with us:
- Be part of a driven team focused on solutions that support social change and environmental sustainability
- We offer competitive salaries, extended benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We support your work-life balance and understand that flexibility is essential
- We are growing and have great opportunities for advancement and career development
- We are passionate about education and provide learning opportunities
- We are dedicated to building a diverse team where people feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and perspectives.
Please send your resume to our Talent Specialist - Carole Weedon email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level