Senior Project Manager - Quartech Systems
Senior Project Manager - Quartech Systems
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager who is client orientated to join us in our consulting environment!
Quartech is an IT solutions and consulting company located in beautiful British Columbia, with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. With over 35 years of IT and industry specific experience we build and support customized technology solutions, design and enhance software, robust technology integration, Cloud Solutions and MS Dynamics 365 CRM.
Quartech works in a hybrid Agile environment and aligns with an open source / DevOps philosophy. Constantly on top of the changing market, we work with emerging technologies such as AI. We continue to experience significant growth year after year, focusing on building highly collaborative teams who work on a range of projects across multiple industries. At Quartech you’ll have the opportunity to deliver meaningful work to communities across the province, with significant support for your professional development.
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager who is client orientated to join us in our consulting environment, delivering large, complex projects and programs for our clients.
You’ll draw on your experience delivering large transformation projects and programs in an hybrid Agile environment to connect with our technical teams, and work closely with clients from a variety of backgrounds. Drawing on your deep experience in project management, you may oversee multiple projects at once, and act as a resource to other PMs at Quartech.
If you have experience working in the public sector, please highlight that in your application! In lieu of a cover letter, we have a few short application questions to get a better sense of your experience. You can view those on the application page.
Location: This is a hybrid role with preference given to candidates in Victoria, BC. For the right candidate, work in our Vancouver office is possible, with occasional travel to Victoria.
In this role, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to for the client relationship in additional to the design, development, implementation, and delivery of technology projects with varying levels of complexity which may include overseeing multiple work streams
- Manage project scope, timeline, budget, and quality inline with the client expectations and industry standards
- Create and maintain project management deliverables such as Project Plan, Release Plan, Roadmap, Risks, Issues and Decision Logs, Change Requests, Status Reports and Lessons Learned
- Identify stakeholders in a Stakeholder Management Plan and ensures engagement at the appropriate level
- Communicate project status, risks, issues and budget to the project governance and appropriate stakeholders
- Identify, manage, and communicate project risk through creation, execution, and adjustment of the Risk Management Plan
- Manage cross-functional project teams including assigning work, mentoring, and managing resource allocation
- Measure project performance and takes proactive action to keep the project on track
- Effectively and proactively receive and resolve project escalations and direct corrective actions
- Ensure process standards and compliance are maintained, as per Quartech and client requirements
To be successful in this role, you should bring the following:
- University Degree or College/Institute Diploma in computer sciences or business administration or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
- 4+ years’ recent experience delivering IT solutions
- 2+ years’ experience working on Agile and Scrum projects
- 3+ years’ of experience managing project teams of 10+ members
- At least 2+ years delivering Enterprise Level transformation projects
- Experience managing projects with budget $5M+
- Project Management Certification and Scrum Master Certification or other methodology certifications would be an asset
- Exceptional stakeholder and vendor management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and only successful applicants will be contacted
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level