Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Avato
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Avato
Avato, the hottest HIP provider in the West, is hunting for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team
Who Are We?
Avato's Hybrid Integration Platform is relied on by complex financial institutions and health organizations who need to thrive in complex, highly-regulated environments. We are a seasoned product with a new business model, a new brand and a technology platform with capabilities and benefits unavailable from others in the market.
The Avato culture is smart, fun and frankly, quite open. If there is an issue, we discuss it until it’s resolved. There is full freedom to call it as we see it. Technically, we are known as thought leaders in a space haunted by large, cranky, ineffective software providers who are all brand and no results.
We are currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer with the ability to work effectively from their own environment, usually remotely but occasionally with the team in our office in Vancouver or Victoria, or with us and our customers in Vancouver.
This is a ground floor opportunity; you’ll join our team as one of the first 10 “Avato’s” while the company grows from its first commercial deployments to scale-up giant killer. You will work directly with our Chief Architect and Lead Developers, and will participate in mentoring and being mentored in the development of successful mission critical projects for high-profile government, healthcare and banking customers.
In this senior role, you’ll be the owner of product and process quality, and will significantly contribute to the effectiveness of our customers’ Avato integration projects, utilizing leading-edge technology stacks like Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing and executing test plans and test cases
- Designing overall testing strategy for the Avato product
- Overall quality of the product and development processes
- Recommending and implementing QA tools and methodologies
- Testing documentation and determining strategy for testing documentation
- Contributing to the design of Avato’s automated testing system and ensuring it is a world-class automated testing suite for testing integration
- Designing automated tests and working with XSLT developers to further automate testing of the platform and our customers’ interfaces
- Working in JIRA and the testing tools you recommend
Who are you?
You enjoy both learning from and sharing knowledge with the other team members. You are a team player, able to guide testing resources and interact with developers, subject-matter experts, business analysts, project managers, etc.
You also have:
- 4+ years experience
- Familiarity with QA techniques and methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English language.
- Ability to effectively communicate testing strategies and interact effectively with the development teams
- Experience in functional end-to-end workflow testing, including test planning and execution.
What we are proud to offer:
- Compassion for each individual to find a balance between their professional and personal life’s;
- Flexible work hours that allow you to maximize personal time;
- Compensation package commensurate with your level of experience;
- Employee Stock Option Plan;
- Competitive benefits package;
- Holidays start at 3 weeks plus “put out fires only” mode from start of Christmas week to end of New Years’ week;
- $1000 budget to get yourself set up at home to work efficiently (not including laptop);
- Approved professional development costs covered by the company
- Health and Fitness bursary: up $50/ month to be used for that spin class or gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated and committed to recruiting and selecting applicants on the basis of their qualifications. We strive to increase our diversity and encourage applications from all candidates that meet any of our requirements. We are focused on equality and believe that increasing diversity of thought and lived experience makes us stronger together.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known to us in their application. Please note: all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. To apply please go to https://avato.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Vancouver Island, BC, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level