Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Senior Scrum Master
$71,298.93 - $81,387.14 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Information Management Branch is responsible for implementing and supporting the Ministry's technology requirements and line-of-business applications that are used to provide services to citizens. Business Analysts provide technology planning, business analysis, systems design and client support services along with technical and project management expertise from project initiation to completion.
As the Senior Scrum Master, your responsibilities will include guiding a network of Project Managers through the scaled agile sprint process, which will help to ensure communication and delivery strategies are followed. You will also be responsible for leading a senior agile product team though their scrum and software development lifecycle phases from design through implementation and close out.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work with the division and the broader organization to remove potential barriers that may be preventing the senior agile product team from delivering on their objectives. You will also help the team ensure continuous product delivery, which will help define the product roadmap. If you have the skills and enjoy a challenge, we encourage you to apply.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, and a minimum of three (3) years related experience; OR,
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, and a minimum of five (5) years related experience; OR,
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and seven (7) years’ related experience.
Related experience must include the following:
- A minimum of five (5) recent (within the last seven years) experience in agile project or service design.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Certification as a Scrum Master
- 5 or more years’ agile project or service design experience
- Experience coaching staff members and/or project teams
For more information and to apply online by March 9, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/74466