Senior Security Analyst
Senior Security Analyst
BC Pension Corporation
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
With current health and safety protocols in place due to the pandemic, we support corporation staff to conduct their work remotely on a full-time basis. Once those protocols are removed, we anticipate a minimum standard for employees and teams to maintain an in-office presence to support workplace connections and collaboration important to our success. We will determine the guidelines for in-office presence by operational need; however, we anticipate the minimum standard to be an average of four times per month. We will confirm schedules and work arrangements when it is safe for employees to return to our offices.
We are seeking a Senior Security Analyst to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As a Senior Security Analyst you will be a part of a high functioning team of IT Security professionals. You will be engaged in fast paced and exciting work, including leading the development of new tools within our expanding Security Operations team, including SIEM, Microsoft Cloud Security Solutions and Advance Threat Protection services, to name a few!
This role requires an innovative individual who is committed to working both collaboratively with cross-functional teams, as well as independently, to deliver on commitments. You will be a part of an expanding security operations team, taking on exciting new Azure Cloud Security services as well as expanding our existing services, tools and technology, with many opportunities for specialized training and career advancement.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science or related field and four years of recent, related experience; OR Diploma in computer science or related field and five years of recent, related experience; OR An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with a security focus in a Microsoft environment.
- Experience in all aspects of IT security, including current technologies and best practices.
- Experience with change management processes and project management methodologies.
Nice to have
Preference may be given to applicants with two or more of the following:
- Experience with operation and monitoring of security applications, systems and programs such as anti-virus solutions, log management solutions and IPS/IDS solutions.
- Experience leading security awareness campaigns, including anti-phishing campaigns.
- Experience working with security standards, policies and guidelines.
- Experience working with TCP/IP networking fundamentals, especially as it relates to security principles, protocols and the application and maintenance of firewall rules and security zones.
- Microsoft Azure / M365 Security Services experience, such as Intune, Sentinel, Defender, Cloud Security, etc.
- Professional designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Certified Information Security Manager, or equivalent.
To learn more about the Senior Security Analyst position, please click the link to the job description at the bottom of the page.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relate to the job requirements.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level