Closing Date: August 31, 2022
British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) is one of the largest asset managers in Canada. With $211.1 billion of managed assets, BCI invests globally on behalf of public sector clients. We do fulfilling and meaningful work that makes a difference: 630,000 pension plan beneficiaries and 2.5 million British Columbian workers depend on our clients’ returns. Ensuring their continued financial security is important to us.
The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of clients first, performance focused, world class, accountability, transparency, and integrity.
BCI is focused on building a culture of excellence through our people practices and employee led initiatives. Being named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers and BC’s Top Employers is recognition of BCI’s ongoing effort to be a progressive workplace of choice that continues to attract, retain and promote talent professionals. As an active in-house asset manager, BCI depends on the specialized skills and expertise of its people to successfully execute its world-class investment strategies and fulfill client needs.
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
Looking to stay ahead of the curve and work in a firm with unparalleled career progression opportunities? Leverage your IT security expertise and join a world class team of professionals, working together to ensure over half a million British Columbians – have a financially secure future.
In this role, you will be instrumental in developing security requirements and designing and implementing security solutions. You will be accountable for security processes, products, and projects with medium to high levels of complexity. Engaging with partners at all levels within the organization, in an Agile hybrid environment, you will enable the effective and efficient delivery of secure, quality products.
We are excited to offer a way of working that provides flexibility in the workforce while maintaining operational readiness! By blending remote and in-office work, we are able to take advantage of the independence and flexibility that comes with working from home, and the collaboration, teamwork and sense of belonging that comes from working together face-to-face.
This work can be done from our Victoria or Vancouver office location, with travel between the two cities (paid for by BCI).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in progressively senior technical roles with responsibility focused on information security processes, products and projects
- Very strong knowledge in secure systems engineering
- Experience with securing cloud environments (MS Azure)
- Must have excellent customer-service, listening, communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to implement programs and solutions to measure and sustain the security posture of large complex environments
- Experience with Agile methods (Scrum) and DevOps practices is a definite asset
- Professional certifications such as Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or equivalent experience is essential
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a combination of strong hands-on experience with at least 4 or 5 of the following:
- Authentication, authorization, and encryption solutions
- Secure coding practices, ethical hacking, and threat modeling
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems security as well as Virtualization technology security
- Identity and privileged access management for on premise and hybrid cloud-based solutions
- EDR and/or other Endpoint Security Solutions
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Application security and encryption technologies
- Web Application Proxies including SSL Decryption
- Advanced Anti-Malware Controls at both the network and host level
- Data Classification and DLP Solutions
- Penetration and/or vulnerability testing
- Platform level security
- Ability to conduct formal forensic investigations and mount suitable incident responses
- Vulnerability Assessment, Remediation and Reporting
- Subnetting, NAC, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods
- Phishing and Social Engineering
Your skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences. We encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above!
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of new and innovative ways to solve existing production security issues as well as evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Develops technical security requirements for new products, tools and services envisioned for implementation at BCI
- Help and guide projects during solution design phase
- Collaborates and coordinates with application, operations and product teams to provide guidance on the development of secure product designs that meet security requirements
- Architects, analyzes, and recommends security controls and procedures in business processes related to the use of information systems and assets, and monitors for compliance
- Provides technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members and creates a culture of customer-centricity, accountability, and high performance
- Communicates complex security issues and develop security user stories in language that non-technical stake holders can understand
- Delivers and test security solutions in alignment with industry security standards
- Responds to information security issues at each stage of a project’s lifecycle
- Proactively identify risks and issues and proposes solutions to remove barriers
- Performs validation and tuning of security testing tools to provide accurate and actionable results that drive improvements to BCI’s overall security posture
- Performs security monitoring of solutions and participates as a subject matter expert in security incident response scenarios
- Ensures that all application and infrastructure solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with security standards and policies
- Document designs as well as produce technical reports in support of security initiatives
BCI’s Technology department plans, provides, maintains, and supports business applications and information technology infrastructure. The Technology department is foundational to BCI - working as a strategic partner to provide technology that supports investment processes and all other business activities.
WHY WORK AT BCI?
BCI is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and has built programs and benefits to support all our employees.
As an employee of BCI you will have access to benefits such as:
- Extended health coverage
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Participation in our defined benefit pension plan
- 2 paid days for volunteering
- Various wellness benefits
This role is in our Victoria OR Vancouver office. We offer relocation support for the selected candidate. Apply now, interviews will commence as applications are received! https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/BCI_Careers/job/Senior-Security-Engineer_JR100259
BCI has previously enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the wellbeing of all employees. This policy is currently suspended and may be reinstated based on level of risk to BCI employees or Provincial Health Order requirements.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at: https://bci.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com/BCI_Careers
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level