One of Canada’s top SaaS growth companies having just raised our $9.3m Series A!
As the industry's leading independent booking software, we have customers who run businesses in fascinating destinations all over the world. We have over 5,000 businesses using our platform and have processed over $6.8B in bookings to date, operating in 136 countries and 36 languages.
About the Job
We are looking for someone with a high bar for technical excellence and a passion for collaboration who can join in and thrive in our development team. Checkfront is growing, and we’re looking for passionate developers to deliver product features, improve our development processes and help achieve our business goals. We ship code every day and we're proud of our deployment and agile process.
Please note the preference for this role is located remotely from anywhere in Canada, or in our beautiful head office in Victoria, BC.
Some tasks you’ll be taking on
- Build clean and usable user interfaces using React
- Build user friendly and performant API endpoints
- Build maintainable and extendable backend business logic and algorithms using the appropriate tools and technologies. Some tech we use so far: PHP, Kafka, Phoenix/Elixir
- Participate in architecture and tooling design and planning.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for improvement in our systems and processes
- Create clear documentation on our systems, architecture, and processes
- Provide peer review for code submissions
- More things that we don’t even know yet! Bring your ideas
- Teaching and mentoring your colleagues
An experienced software developer with passion for technology. You’re up to speed on the best practices for your craft. You love collaborating to get things done well and take pride in sharing knowledge and expertise with your colleagues.
Ideally, you should have
- 5+ years of experience developing software professionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for and experience writing simple and maintainable software
- Thorough knowledge of software development patterns and best practices
- Experience mentoring less experienced developers
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Experience working with and optimizing relational databases
If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly or have some gaps in your resume know that we would still love to hear from you! Use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
- A workplace that values a work-life balance
- A constructive environment with room to learn, excel and impact
- Extended health benefits
- Parental benefits
- Vacation, personal days, health days, paid volunteer day
- A newly renovated (as of May 2020) “tourism themed” office space in downtown Victoria (unless you’re remote)
Checkfront acknowledges and respects that we work, learn, and innovate on the unceded Coast Salish Territory of the Lekwungen & WSÁNEĆ nations.
As a company, we are committed to upholding the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity. In pursuit of this, we actively seek new members who will work respectfully and constructively with our team, and challenge the status quo, propelling our company and the community forward.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Senior Level