Redbrick and Leadpages are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
Redbrick and Leadpages are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Leadpages and Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching (Canada) and 401k (US)
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Modern tech stacks (React, TypeScript, Python, Kubernetes)
- Opportunities to contribute to open-source communities
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing Shared Services team
One of our four portfolio companies, Leadpages is our marketing-focused website builder product to help our clients generate leads to attract customers. We are a no-code, drag-and-drop platform which is the powerful new wave of online marketing. We are 51 people strong and proud to be a part of Redbrick’s portfolio companies.
Leadpages gives new meaning to the word entrepreneurial. The Leadpages team is whip-smart, innovative, and bursting with energy and ideas. I’m thrilled to be part of a group that’s tirelessly working to build a best-in-class product for truly inspirational customers. At Leadpages I’ve been given the green light to do some big amazing things. This place just doesn’t hold back. For a leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, like me, Leadpages is the holy grail.”
—Jes, Director, Product Design, Leadpages
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in-office. In-office time brings many perks however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy. We welcome this role to be fully remote so if you're not in Victoria BC, please still apply!
What does a day look like in my role?
They are expected to be able to take anything from tasks to full features/stories, and even smaller self-contained epics/projects and drive them to completion, collaborating with the product or other teams in order to ensure stakeholder needs are met. In order to keep learning, and support other engineers’ learning, Senior Software Developers will spend time pair programming, as well as some teaching or mentoring where there’s interest.
As a Senior Software Developer at Leadpages, you will have the opportunity to build, develop and test features for our SaaS applications used by thousands of users. Our engineers are experts in their craft and are always striving to improve and develop new skills. You will work both on a team of engineers for large projects, and solo for bugs and smaller tasks.
We get it: You need to know what you’re applying for before you sign up, right? This is what you need to know: As a Senior Software Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping to estimate the effort of engineering tasks
- Ensuring your code is well tested, programmatically and manually
- Developing new features
- Participating in daily/weekly meetings
- Debugging and fixing production issues
- Working closely with other developers
- Promoting best practices for software development and security
- Mentoring and providing code reviews for other developers
- Researching new technologies and actively contributing to systems design
- Test changes to our software to ensure a high level of quality
- Providing technical assistance to our customer success team
After 1 week
- You will be onboarded with the engineering team and meet your fellow team members and get a sense of how you will fit within the company
- You will be introduced to our applications and repos
- You will jump in right away and participate in code reviews
After 1 month
- You will understand the product roadmap and how your role is a part of this roadmap
- You are a part of our Pair Program with team members to build your skills and knowledge base
- You are confident and have already shipped your code to Production
After 6 months
- You have attended support team “ride alongs”
- You will have a clear understanding of the full breadth of our application and tech stack
- You are already leading the way with your team on a large project
What we would like to see in you:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a full-stack, front-end or back-end developer
- Strong experience building high-reliability Python applications and/or
- Strong experience working with JS and frameworks such as React and Angular
- Real-world experience with cloud platforms, containers and Kubernetes
- Bachelors or advanced degree in IT, computer science, engineering, business, design, human-computer interaction or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to convincingly articulate complex analytical ideas in a simple way to a variety of key stakeholders from different functions
- Strong leader, educator, and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience working in an agile environment with code review.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos. Apply through this link: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/careers/189
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick and Leadpages!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level