Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Join OfficeSpace’s rapidly expanding team. Our customers are an extremely diverse group – from the fastest growing technology companies, to traditional enterprise customers who are transitioning to a more modern workplace infrastructure. With a team of over 130 employees based in the US, Costa Rica, and Canada, along with PE backing, we’re working every day to help create a better place for everyone.
Senior Software Engineers are responsible for the design and development of the suite of cloud-based software products utilizing cutting-edge tools and technologies.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability, and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts
- Create beautiful, interactive, and easy-to-use web applications using modern client-side frameworks and libraries
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Elasticsearch
- Executing on multiple projects in parallel and ensure the on-time release of well tested and reliable code
- Providing technical expertise and mentorship to associate level team members and help to define and drive best practices across the division
- Using development techniques to optimize software across a vast array of devices and browsers while able to discuss the trade-offs between different techniques
What You Will Need for this Position
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Strong foundation in React.js and its core principles
- Familiar with popular React.js workflows, such as Redux
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack and NPM
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS pre-processors
- Experience with Material-UI and Storybook is a plus
- Highly proficient with version control systems, especially GIT, is a plus
- 5+ years of overall development experience which ideally includes working with an object-oriented language (Ruby on Rails or Java)
- Experience using and implementing GraphQL.
- Experience with one or more of the following databases: Experience with both traditional relational database as well as document/NoSQL storage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation package and benefits
- Flexible vacation and time off policies
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team of people who are passionate about what they do
- Ability to learn and expand your career at a fast-growing and continuously evolving company
Culturally, here’s what we’re all about
- At OfficeSpace Software, the most important thing is trust. We trust our employees to take ownership of their work and set themselves up for success. Whether it’s flexible hours, remote options, or anything in between, we know that people work best in different ways and we embrace those differences
- Work-life balance is critical as we move to a work environment where the lines between home and office get blurrier all the time. We value people taking time off when they need it and being able to completely unplug from work so they can recharge their batteries
- Pandemic or not, we like to have fun together. Whether it’s axe throwing, costume contests, or video game nights when we’re all together, or shared workouts, late-night talk shows and virtual movie nights when we’re apart, OfficeSpace is always looking for ways to keep people happy, engaged, and having a good time with their teammates
- Despite over 130 employees across 3 countries, OfficeSpace maintains a family atmosphere where team members are known as much for who they are as what they do. We hire people, not numbers
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level