KIXEYE makes best-of-breed hardcore MMORTS games for millions of players worldwide. Our studio offers a unique work environment that provides the opportunity to do challenging work with smart people for excellent compensation.
KIXEYE is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer - “DevSecOps” to join our studio. The role will provide opportunities to leverage your skills and experience while developing new ones. Working with other members of the team you will be supporting the operational and gaming environments across the organization. You will also keep an eye on emerging technologies that will improve the performance of the infrastructure.
What you’ll do each day:
- Optimize and maintain the cloud-based systems and services on which our business and games are deployed
- Support the game studios to extend, maintain, and optimize the architecture of our build systems
- Provision new cloud-based resources for upcoming titles
- Use Infrastructure-as-code and configuration management to create reusable infrastructure components
- Ensure the security of our network and applications
- Respond to production incidents through monitoring systems
- Develop systems for automated performance testing of our server infrastructure
- Use a security-first mindset in your approach to all aspects of our tech stack
- Provide 24/7 support in an on-call, rotating schedule
What you will bring to the team:
- 5+ years of engineering experience implementing and supporting IT environments that support business and development environments.
- Experience developing tools and deployment processes
- Strong experience with AWS products
- Knowledge of network and application security best practices
- Experience supporting Jenkins, or similar CI infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management tools (CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with Linux systems administration including scripting in Python and bash
- Hands-on experience with system monitoring tools
- Docker or similar experience
- Ongoing exploration of new technologies and approaches to solving issues
Location: remote work or office in Victoria BC
Reports to: VP of Operations
KIXEYE is committed to inclusive hiring practices! All are welcome; diverse candidates, women, and LGBTQ+ persons are strongly encouraged to apply to https://kixeye.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=32&source=aWQ9Nw%3D%3D
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level