Senior Test Automation Developer
Senior Test Automation Developer
BC Pension Corporation
Job Type: Regular, full time
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Criminal Record Check: Required
Salary Range: $79,924.74 to $91,233.32 per annum (salary includes 9.9% temporary market adjustment)
Classification: Information Systems R27
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Additional Info: An eligibility list to fill future vacancies may be established.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
- A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
- Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
As we gradually transition to a hybrid workplace, the health and safety of staff remain our priority. We continue to update our safety protocols to reflect our commitment to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our employees. Beginning in November, we will transition to a hybrid work model where staff are supported to work both in office and from home. Guidelines and requirements for in-office presence are determined by operational need and may vary according to the unique needs of each business area. This will support our culture of community and connection while we continue to maintain flexibility, productivity and collaboration.
We are seeking a Senior Test Automation Developer to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As a Senior Test Automation Developer, you will be a part of a high functioning team of IT professionals. You will be engaged in fast paced, challenging, and exciting work, including projects that will shape the future of our work and support our journey towards becoming an insights-driven organization.
You will be supporting Plan 20/30’s Operational Excellence objective to strengthen quality and efficiency in everything we do by increasing the coverage of testing through test automation.
You will bring both your technical skills to learn, implement and manage our test automation solutions across projects and a passion for collaboration to work with teams within and outside the Business Services Branch. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to shape and improve the current test automation framework by working with dedicated, highly motivated, and like-minded and skilled individuals within the organization.
What do you need to succeed?
- Must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field and four years of recent, related experience*; OR
- A Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field and five years of recent, related experience*; OR
- Certificate in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field and six years of recent, related experience*; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and seven years of recent, related experience may be considered.
- *Recent, related experience must include the following:
- Providing solutions for automated testing suites using Java, Java Script or Python;
- Performing test automation maintenance or enhancements;
- Developing automated test scripts, and
- Working with various Test Automation Frameworks.
Nice to have
- Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins and Ansible Tower.
- Experience with testing/performance tools, such as TestComplete, Cross Browser Testing/Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience with PL/SQL Developer, SQL Management Studio/Express.
- Certification – ISTQB Foundation Certified Tester.
Cover letter: Please do not submit a cover letter; it will not be reviewed.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your education, the start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relate to the job requirements.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements.
Please submit your application through our website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/14112.html
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level