Senior UI/UX Designer
Senior UI/UX Designer
Advanced Solutions, a DXC Technology Company
Advanced Solutions (ESIT Advanced Solutions Inc.) formerly known as HP Advanced Solutions delivers verifiably world-class business process and information technology outsourcing services in a professional and labour-friendly environment. Advanced Solutions was incorporated in May 2004 and is headquartered in beautiful British Columbia.
Where will a career with Advanced Solutions take you? To the leading edge of information technology, working with industry partners from around the world. At Advanced Solutions you will work with outstanding people in a challenging and dynamic environment. We strive to provide you with the tools, the training, and the opportunity to take charge of your future and take advantage of change to maximize client service and work within a centre of excellence.
As a Victoria Innovation, Advanced Technology and Entrepreneurship Council (VIATEC) member, Advanced Solutions supports the dynamic (four billion in revenue annually) Greater Victoria technology sector through innovative recruitment activities that encourage careers in technology. We promote a diverse, equitable work environment and welcome employment applications from individuals of all backgrounds. Our employees enjoy competitive and comprehensive extended and group benefits and participate in a very progressive defined benefit plan through the BC Public Service Pension Plan.
Advanced Solutions Application Services department is responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining the business systems for clients such as the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. Many systems are considered mission critical government applications; used by over 1,000 ministry users in multiple locations around the province and the general public accessing government information.
- The Senior UI/UX Designer applies advanced knowledge to design and deliver attractive user-friendly applications and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in crossfunctional initiatives.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to less-experienced team members.
Job/Performance Expectations, Competencies and Core Values
All Advanced Solutions employees display a high level of effort and commitment and show mature judgement and tact while maintaining a professional and confidential manner at all times. Our employees demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behaviour as well as an eagerness to learn and a willingness to accept direction and feedback. Persistence and an ability to seek alternatives and solutions, while working in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable and expected work goals is a must. On call work during noncore hours may be a requirement for this position.
Key competencies for all Advanced Solutions employees include customer focus, integrity and trust, ethics and values, motivating others, driving for results, building effective teams, priority-setting, decision quality, business acumen, and organization skills.
Advanced Solutions employees also adhere to the following four Core Values:
• Exemplify Professionalism: We uphold a respectful and respected workforce.
• Embrace and Champion Change: We enthusiastically participate, collaborate, innovate, and welcome change.
• Encourage and Take Initiative: We are an engaged and progressive workforce promoting personal and professional growth.
• Personify Integrity: We are reputable and productive which builds the foundation of our success.
If you have a hands-on approach, are committed to providing service excellence, and are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity where you can be part of an exciting operation, we would like to hear from you!
Please ensure your application clearly identifies how you meet each of the stated qualifications, with particular emphasis on the education, training, and experience requirements. This information will be utilized in screening your application and determining whether you will be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process. In your application/cover letter please indicate how you heard about ESIT Advanced Solutions (i.e. name of job boards, career fairs, word of mouth).
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, noting the position title and where they saw the position advertised, to Competition@dxcas.com.
An eligibility list may be created. Lesser qualified applicants may be under-implemented or appointed at a lower level.
Employment Type: Full time, Regular
Union/Non-Union: Union - BCGEU
Salary Grid Level: Level 27, Salary Schedule 2
Annual Salary: $80,072.39 - $91,451.29
Office Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level