Service Desk Analyst - ISM
Service Desk Analyst - ISM
Working in technology today takes skill, expertise, a strategic mind and creativity. At ISM, we believe in life-long learning and we are a dynamic business in a state of constant evolution: we embrace innovation, we are authentic, we create an excellent customer experience every time, we are accountable for all that we do, and we are ONE Team. Technology is changing the world….start your career with ISM and get a front row seat!
The Service Desk Analyst works to investigate and resolve client reported issues assigned to them via incident tickets form the Service Management Tool (SMT). The position also allocates resources and monitors the day-to-day service activities for multiple Service Delivery Units (SDU), communicates process and technical expertise to customers in order to sustain effective and timely customer services, and contributes to planning processes to help develop the Service Delivery strategy. This position combines a broad understanding of all technical service areas and the client environment with accurate assessment of the problem scope and impact to minimize service impact to the client.
If you have a hands-on approach, are committed to providing service excellence, and are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity where you can be part of an exciting operation, we would like to hear from you!
Closing Date: 2022/05/29
Pay Range: 21
Annual Salary: $ 74,773.49 to $ 85,562.19
Bi-weekly Work Schedule: 75 hours
Location: Regional (optional telework), must reside in BC
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Service Desk Services
What we offer:
- Competitive wage plus yearly salary step increments for the first 5 years in the Pay Range 21 classification
- Competitive starting vacation with increases to vacation entitlements after the second year and beyond
- Alternative Work Arrangement options (which could include work from home, earned days off, temporarily or permanently reduced hours)
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Defined benefit pension program (BC Public Service Pension Plan)
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Seasonal events and socials
- A robust awards/recognition program
- A friendly work environment where your team is always willing to help
- A leadership team that actually cares about you and wants you to love your job
- Coordinates incoming request to perform IMAC activities and Break Fix Incidents as well as confirms resources for project work. Assigns incidents to the appropriate support groups. Review ticket information before assigning to appropriate technicians.
- Monitors tickets for trends and reports them.
- Communicate technical guidance to the Service Desk team through appropriate selection and implementation of toolsets; analyzing problem trends and recommending problem resolution procedures; providing technical advice in resolving problems; liaison with tier 3 staff in resolving problems.
- Functions as escalation point of contact for the Service Desk team regarding Service Delivery issues and questions.
- Assist with unscheduled outage management including posting Web Alerts (VHD) and Front-End Phone Messages (FEM)
- Interacts with ISMC’s partners, 3rd party vendors and clients to resolve hardware issues.
- Process requests from the Projects Team
- Participates in staff meetings to help coordinate resources throughout Support Service.
- Manages Incidents within the SMT.
- Handle special services and procedures. Participates in special or unexpected projects as assigned.
- Represent the SDU as a process expert.
- Resolves technical problems escalated from the Service Desk. Resolves the more difficult or technically challenging problems that Level 1 agents are not able to resolve.
- Leads resolution of problems with significant impact working closely with staff in other service units
- Provides technical guidance to the Service Desk team through appropriate selection and implementation of toolsets; analyzing problem trends and recommending problem resolution procedures; providing technical advice in resolving problems;
- Liaise with tier 3 staff in resolving problems.
- Escalation point of contact for Service Desk and other groups regarding Service Delivery issues and questions.
- Assign appropriately to other support groups incidents that cannot be resolved at the 1.5 level
- Acts as a resource for and mentors and advises, Service Desk Agent and Client Support Technician employees, guiding them on technology use, problem solving techniques and practices and process adherence.
- Create and deliver sessions for Service Desk Agents and Client Support Technicians to orient them on new technology requiring support or current technology identified as requiring orientation.
- Author and review technical documentation for ISM knowledge base.
- Allocates resources and monitors the day-to-day service activities for the Service Desk Analysts. Provides formal and informal training to Client Support Technicians, Service Desk Agents and peers.
Related degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and/or training.
Experience in the following:
- Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of PC and Mac workstation hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
- Supporting Office365, Mac O/S, and Linux O/S
- Troubleshooting and supporting a variety of mobile devices and Mobile Device Management Systems (MDMS)
- Documenting and delivering procedures, instructions, and messages
Skills and Abilities we are looking for:
- An excellent communicator able to connect with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds, both orally and in writing, and discuss complex and technical information at an appropriate level with the goal of providing a service.
- An individual able to deal effectively with resistant, demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at various levels within the customer organization while remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately.
- A proactive individual who organizes and manages fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently, and independently in a variety of operational settings, achieving results within the assigned time frames.
- A resourceful individual who applies information technology to efficiently troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software problems with computers, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices.
- An individual who enjoys research and investigation. It includes assessing problems and situations, referring to applicable policies and guidelines, and identifying practical and creative options to develop or recommend appropriate courses of action.
- A team player willing to contribute to the team objectives by assisting and directing individuals whom they may not supervise but whose work output they depend on.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS: ISM Canada and our Customers have COVID Vaccination Policies in effect. If selected for employment, you will be required to adhere to ISM Canada’s COVID Vaccination Policy (and Customer Policies, if applicable) to either provide proof of vaccination or regular, valid negative COVID-19 tests. The cost of any required COVID-19 testing is the responsibility of the employee.
Additional information for applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, please visit https://www.ismcanada.com/careers to complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
This position can be done virtually, however, the candidate must reside in the Province of British Columbia, due to the union certification requirements.
An eligibility list might be created.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Nanaimo, BC, Duncan, BC, Gulf Islands, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level