Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
Redbrick is headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we invest in.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
“It's amazing to work on a team of talented individuals that constantly challenge you to better yourself while offering support all along the way. That's what it's like working at Redbrick. Everyone here strives for excellence and no one gets left behind. We are all working toward the same goals in different capacities, and we all rely on each other to achieve them.”
— Josh, Redbrick
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and office. In-office time brings many perks, however, we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator in Shared Services, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Marketing Team in Shared Services with marketing initiatives and campaigns for Redbrick and each portfolio company.
- Supporting all corporate social media communication across Redbrick and its portfolio companies, including strategy development, content creation, reporting, and community engagement.
- Supporting external public relations efforts for Redbrick and each of its portfolio companies.
- Assisting with internal and external corporate events for Redbrick and each of its portfolio companies.
- Supporting email marketing campaigns on a corporate and portfolio level.
- Assisting with the application and research process for external awards and opportunities.
- Performing key research and implementing best practices for organic content and SEO.
- Developing, implementing, and executing cross-channel lead generation strategies across one or many of Redbrick’s portfolio companies.
- Supporting the Marketing Team with product launches, including coordination with design, organizing assets, writing copy, etc. across one or all portfolio companies.
- Assisting with new branding initiatives, inclusive of content, design, strategy, and execution.
- Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting marketing data to aid in the growth of various projects.
After 1 week:
- You’ll understand the basics of Redbrick, each portfolio company, and how your role contributes to their success.
- You’re familiar with Redbrick marketing systems and the platforms we use for day-to-day operations.
- You’ll have joined a number of team meetings and met several people.
- The pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together and you’re gaining a clearer picture of how your role fits into the grand scheme of things.
After 1 month:
- You’ve worked with the Marketing Manager to carve out goals and accomplishments for your first 3, 6, and 12 months.
- You are well versed in the Redbrick brand and the brands of each of its portfolio companies.
- You are actively involved in the day-to-day marketing activities of Redbrick and many of its portfolio companies.
- You are confident using key marketing platforms including, but not limited to, Sprout Social, Customer.io, WordPress, Asana, Later, Canva, and Figma.
- You are gaining more responsibility and feel confident taking on projects and asking for help along the way.
After 6 months:
- You are taking the lead on multi-channel social media content creation and management across all companies.
- You are running with projects, coordinating with design and other company stakeholders, and supporting the implementation of marketing initiatives for Redbrick and each portfolio company.
- You are fluent in the Redbrick brand as well as the brands of each of its portfolio companies.
- You are testing new marketing strategies, brainstorming new initiatives, and innovating current processes.
What we would like to see in you?
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As the Social Media & Marketing Coordinator with Shared Services, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- Bachelor’s in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- Exceptional written communication skills — you have an excellent grasp of the mechanics of the English language.
- You are adaptable, eager to learn, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter; eager to dive into projects but also comfortable asking for help along the way.
- You have experience conducting research, extrapolating data, and translating your findings into actionable steps.
- You are experienced in curating social media content, email campaigns, and writing long-form blog content.
- Strong digital literacy (PC or Mac environment) with experience in Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of HTML, and email service provider services such as Customer.io.
- Deeply detail-oriented with excellent grammar and proofreading skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with a cover letter and resume: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=113
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level