Over a thousand organizations around the world rely on Geocortex to design, develop and maintain web-based mapping applications. We believe geographic information over the web can empower people to make better decisions about their lives, society and the world around us. You can help us make a difference.
This position offers the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies as part of our Professional Services team. Our software developers love solving complex, real world problems for customers in different industries. Experience is preferred; enthusiasm and curiosity are required!
The Ideal Candidate:
- Loves working with customers to create solutions for their problems
- Thrives in an environment where they may be tasked to multiple projects at a time
- Is continually learning about new technologies and adapting their approach to solving problems
- Enjoys occasional business travel to client sites (not mandatory)
- Creates and fosters great relationships across different organizations
- Designing and developing customized web-GIS applications for clients to use on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Extending the ArcGIS Platform using the Geocortex products framework
- Acting as a trusted advisor to our clients all over the world
- Some server/network administration and troubleshooting
- Collaborating with a development team through the lifecycle of a project
- Creating clear and functional tests
- 3+ years of development experience
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
The following assets are considered a bonus:
- Exposure and familiarity with GIS concepts
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, and profit sharing
- A central downtown location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage & showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
*As a result of COVID-19, the majority of our employees are temporarily working from home. Working in the office is optional at this time.
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We pay well, reward top performers, and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
To apply, go directly to: https://vertigis.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=108
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we recommend that you submit your resume and cover letter as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (the provider has been notified).