Do you love to compete? Are you hungry for achievement? Are you an ‘A’ player? Do you want to work with other ‘A’ players? For a company where culture is nurtured and managed as a critical source of advantage? Where every employee knows and cares about direction and strategy?
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 8 years. How? Most importantly, we’ve built a team that provides outstanding service and truly cares about our customers. AML has a market reputation for two things:
- Going to the ends of the earth to make our customers successful, and
- Bringing fresh ideas to an established market
We manufacture ocean sensing solutions – sensors, instrumentation, and deployment systems – for business and government customers on all seven continents. As a hi-tech business, our technical team includes experts and engineers with experience in the acoustic, mechanical, electrical, software, and embedded software domains. We operate from locations at either end of Canada: Halifax (Dartmouth) on the Atlantic Coast, and Victoria on the Pacific Coast.
At AML, we do things a bit differently. Think daily huddles. Think Rockefeller Habits, Scaling Up, and the One Page Plan. Think town hall meetings with on-the-fly question & answer sessions. If you are familiar with these concepts - or they interest you - then you might be a fit for AML.
The successful applicant for this role will be joining AML’s multidisciplinary Engineering Team with a focus on Product Development - the creation and expansion of AML’s suite of software solutions - including both in-house tools and our core customer-facing application. You will be involved in the full development cycle from definition to design, test, and deployment, utilizing documentation and revision control best practices.
- Designing, implementing, testing, and supporting windows application software
- Managing project requirements and release schedules. Communicating progress and status
- Creating scalable, maintainable code with strict revision control
- Working with stakeholders to understand, document, and satisfy end-user requirements
- Participating in team SCRUM planning sessions
- Contributor to team-wide product testing events; peer review of technical solutions
- Diploma or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with C#, .NET, and WPF
- Awareness of user experience; ability to approach problems holistically
- Understanding of code creation best practices; scalability and maintainability
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server (and Azure cloud services)
- CI/CD pipeline with Azure DevOps
- Understanding of SCRUM development practices
- Deployment tools including ClickOnce and MSIX
- Experience with PLC programming (Ladder Logic) an asset
- Knowledge of C and Python an asset
At AML, we offer flexible office hours and a dog-friendly environment. Company culture is paramount and we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application package via email to hr@AMLoceanographic.com. In addition to your resume and cover letter, please clearly identify the personal values that you use to guide your decisions, and explain why these specific values are so important to you. Finally, please clearly indicate your compensation expectations. This position is open until filled.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level