Software Developer Team Lead - STR SpeechTech
Software Developer Team Lead - STR SpeechTech
Develop robust, reliable applications designed for mission critical environments
STR-SpeechTech (STR) Ltd. is a leading technology company renowned for designing and delivering innovative professional products for speech technology applications. STR develops software systems for digital processing of audio and high-quality text-to-speech products that are primarily serving the aviation industry.
Located in Victoria, BC, Canada, STR has dedicated more than 30 years to delivering high-quality speech and signal processing solutions to meet our customers' needs.
Experienced Full-Stack Developer and Team Lead Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced full-stack developer with a minimum of seven (7) years of direct experience who demonstrates proficiency in developing robust, reliable applications designed for mission critical environments to become an integral part of our development team.
The role demands a candidate who has a proven track record in leading development projects with a strong sense of ownership, integrity, and a customer-focused approach. As a guiding force within the team, you must exhibit exceptional collaboration skills and the ability to effectively direct your team's efforts.
The ideal candidate will bring to the table a solid command of real-world software development and technical leadership, demonstrating their capability to drive projects to successful completion.
The ideal candidate would have competence with the following areas:
- Proficiency with C# (.NET preferred)
- Experience with cross platform development (Windows/Linux)
- Strong understanding of common software design patterns and best practices
- Experience with database design and development (SQL)
- Experience with source version control systems (e.g. GIT, SVN)
- Experience with modern software development methodologies
- Experience with DevOps and development build pipelines
- Experience with software QA
- Familiarity with C/C++
- Bonus: Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Core
- Bonus: Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Bonus: Familiarity with REST APIs
- Bonus: Experience with product management
- Design and develop quality, maintainable software with good documentation
- Lead a small team of developers by working collaboratively towards project milestones and deliveries
- Conduct daily development meetings to ensure alignment with project objectives
- Take part design and lead planning, prototyping, and implementing solutions
- Work closely with domain experts to understand requirements and translate them into effective software solutions
- Provide product hardware and software technical support as required
- Follow and integrate into existing development and quality control processes
- Manage teams internal testing and ISO QMS compliance
Must Have Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in development.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in leading development teams.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with a proven track record in building applications and/or systems.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with project, support, and operational teams.
- Bonus: Experience and knowledge of aviation systems used by Air Traffic Control or airport service operators.
- Bonus: Experience and knowledge of weather reporting formats.
This is a full-time monthly salaried position based on 40 hours per week working out of our Victoria office.
We are committed to providing a competitive salary package reflective of the candidate's expertise and contributions to our team. The base salary for this position is in the range of $78,000 to $120,000 Canadian Dollars per annum. The final compensation will be determined by factors such as the candidate’s years of experience, relevant skills, and additional qualifications.
Opportunities for career advancement based on successful contributions to project success and product innovation.
Involvement in leading industry events and onsite client requirement definitions to promote the innovation of our products (Note: must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally).
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a covering letter in confidence to email@example.com. Include your name and “Software Developer Team Lead” in the subject line. Please, no phone calls.
The closing date for applications is February 29, 2024.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level, Senior Level