Be Heard at CODAN.
A British Columbia company founded in 1938 and headquartered in Victoria, CODAN is a trusted provider of communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Whether they are conducting a search and rescue, containing a fire, maintaining safety, or providing security at a profile event, CODAN makes sure the customer can Be Heard over the mountain, throughout the city, or across the globe.
Codan’s networked radio systems are developed in-house, including hardware, firmware, software, and user interface layers. The software stack primarily consists of Java, C/C++, and Python running on an embedded Linux platform.
As a Software Engineer at Codan, you will work with our software team, contributing to the on-going improvement and development of new and existing products. We are looking for someone, with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the big picture view, who enjoys collaborating, designing, and problem-solving in an agile environment.
What Are We Looking For?
- A B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering (or relevant programing experience in a relevant field)
- Proven history Developing, Designing and Delivering networked embedded systems
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies and the ability to contribute to the breakdown of requirements into deliverables
- History of growth and increasing responsibilities
- Experience working with or developing automated testing
- Proficiency with IDE’s, version control systems and build systems
Bonus Points if you have any of the following:
- Experience with micro-processor programming and debugging
- Experience programming with Java, C/C++, C#, VB.net, and Python
- Experience working with Linux or Unix Operating Systems
- Experience working in either the radio or telecommunications industries
- Experience in analog and digital signal processing
What about You?
- You’re tenacious and love continuous improvement, with proven success at digging deep to find solutions to tough problems
- You have an eye towards optimizing performance and improving product quality
- You enjoy learning and sharing ideas with other like-minded folks and mentoring new engineers
- You’re able to understand and process information in complex systems and act to solve problems
- You are committed to high standards and long-term code quality
Benefits & Perks
At Codan we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas. Our office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC and represents the best of west coast living. A stone’s throw from the ocean, we enjoy the charm of one of Victoria’s oldest neighbourhoods while being a walk away from the amenities of the downtown core.
As a full-time employee you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
- Extended health benefits
- A company matched retirement savings program
- A short-term incentive plan
- A training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable