Be Heard at CODAN.
A British Columbia company founded in 1938 and headquartered in Victoria, CODAN is a trusted provider of communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Whether they are conducting a search and rescue, containing a fire, maintaining safety, or providing security at a profile event, CODAN makes sure the customer can Be Heard over the mountain, throughout the city, or across the globe.
Codan’s networked radio systems are developed in-house, including hardware, firmware, software, and user interface layers. The software stack primarily consists of Java, C/C++, and Python running on an embedded Linux platform. Other components run on microcontrollers consisting solely of C/C++ programming. A browser-based interface allows users to configure and control the devices.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Codan, you will work with our software team, contributing to the on-going improvement and development of new and existing products. We are looking for a Software Engineer whose strengths include investigating, expanding scope, and delivering meaningful product changes.
What Are We Looking For?
- A B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Software Engineering, a Technical Diploma, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a technical leadership role
- Experience working with or developing automated testing.
- Experience programming with C/C++ and Java.
- Experience with analogue and digital signal processing.
- Experience working with Linux for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Ability to contribute to requirements analysis and systems architecture design.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile development context.
- Proficiency with IDE’s, version control systems, build and configuration management, and other development tools.
Bonus Points if you have any of the following:
- Experience with micro-processor programming and debugging
- Knowledge of LMR/professional radio communications systems and radio communications design principles
- Knowledge of P25 and other radio compliance standards
What about You?
- You’re tenacious and love continuous improvement, with proven success at digging deep to find solutions to tough problems
- You have an eye towards optimizing performance and improving product quality
- You enjoy learning and sharing ideas with other like-minded folks and mentoring new engineers
- You’re a quick study who is able to understand and explain complex systems
- You care about the products you develop and are committed to high standards and long-term code quality
Benefits & Perks
At Codan we know that a compensation package doesn’t just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other’s company and love sharing ideas. Our office is located in beautiful Victoria, BC and represents the best of west coast living. A stone’s throw from the ocean, we enjoy the charm of one of Victoria’s oldest neighbourhoods while being a walk away from the amenities of the downtown core.
As a full-time employee you will also have access to a variety of benefits including:
Extended health benefits
- A company matched retirement savings program
- A short-term incentive plan
- A training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Apply at: https://careers.codan.com.au/job/Senior-Software-Engineer/678551901/ or by sending an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level, Intermediate Level