Software Engineer - CA - Redbrick
Software Engineer - CA - Redbrick
Redbrick and Delivra are headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
Redbrick and Delivra are committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly ‘people-first’ culture. Ours is a place where you’re given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching (Canada) and 401k (US)
- ‘People-first’ culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won’t find any micromanagers here!)
- The opportunity to work fully remote
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment — in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Monthly fitness reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
- Modern tech stacks (.Net, React, Python)
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability — all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
One of our four portfolio companies, Delivra is an email marketing automation platform. We support marketers and entrepreneurs, helping them engage with their customers and create meaningful interactions. We are an 18-person team working collaboratively, putting our customers first and loving the work we do along the way.
"At Delivra, we believe we are truly at our best when we work together. If you are looking for a place where you feel accepted to bring your whole self to work while being resourceful, flexible and communicating with openness and candour, well, you’ve found it!"
– Katie, Delivra
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy. Delivra is based out of Indianapolis but this role can be performed completely remote from either Canada or the US.
What does a day look like in my role?
Software Engineers at Delivra are responsible for our entire technology stack. They are full-stack developers who pride themselves on quality and acquire enough knowledge about our product to work on anything from tasks to full features/stories. They have a customer-first approach and collaborate with product managers and other teams to ensure stakeholder needs are met.
As a Software Engineer at Delivra, you will have the opportunity to build, develop, and test features for our SaaS product. You will learn about the marketing technology ecosystem, with a focus on email/sms marketing and marketing automation, and use technologies to support high-throughput, high-reliability systems at scale.
Our engineers are experts in their craft and are always striving to improve and develop new skills. You will work both on a team and individually, always keeping collaboration and communication top of mind.
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know: As a Software Engineer at Delivra, you’ll be responsible for:
- Help estimate effort of engineering tasks
- Write code for new and existing features
- Ensure your code is well tested, programmatically and manually
- Mentor and perform code reviews for other engineers
- Test changes to our software to ensure a high level of quality
- Deploy updates to production
- Work closely with other engineers
- Work closely with product managers to identify innovative solutions to customer needs
- Work closely with customer teams to learn about, investigate, and resolve customer issues
- Provide technical assistance to our customer support and implementation teams
- Promote best practices for software development and security
- Research new technologies and actively contribute to technical design
- Participate in daily/weekly meetings
- Contribute to the engineering culture
After 1 week
- Meet your team members
- Learn all about Delivra - the product, company, and culture
- Gain access to our application and tech stack
After 1 month
- Have a solid understanding of our product roadmap
- Have developed and tested your first task/project
- Have deployed your code to production
After 6 months
- You are fully confident with the full breadth of our application/stack
- You are fully proficient in two areas of the application
- You are consistently delivering new and updated features to the product
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Software Engineer with Delivra, there are extra specialties we’re on the lookout for:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience with UI/UX is a bonus
- Experience with .Net
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience in event streaming architecture and stream processing (Kafka)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Analytical and methodical approach to solving problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Apply with your cover letter, resume and links to your GitHub or public repos here: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=149
2. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Vancouver Island, BC, Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level