Title: Software Engineer in Test, QA (Platform)
Location: Victoria, BC / Remote-first
As a Software Engineer in Test on the QA team, you will work with multiple parties to ensure that software releases backing our Platform infrastructure are of the highest quality for Echosec customers and remain free of defects and regressions between releases in our various testing environments.
Echosec Systems is a fast growing security software company committed to making the world’s data more discoverable. We gather publicly available data from a broad range of online sources like social media and the deep and dark web. We also build AI that helps make that data simple to search, filter, and monitor. Our clients use our products for security and intelligence purposes to keep people, places, and assets safe. We’re trusted by some of the most significant public and private sector organizations globally to support their missions.
The product and development team at Echosec is actively seeking entrepreneurially minded “doers”. Do you have ideas, vision, and a can-do attitude? Currently in a growth phase, our software development and engineering team needs to be agile, engaged, and open to both gaining and sharing experience.
The team is eclectic, driven, and remote-friendly. We range between a diverse variety of backgrounds, skills, and education levels. Two common threads: we thrive in a loosely structured environment (read: no meetings that could have been a Slack message). We’re a group of high performers and we deliver as a team.
To learn more about us and what it's like to work at Echosec, visit our About and Careers pages.
Just some of the benefits of working with Echosec include:
- Remote-first culture with flexible hours
- A top notch benefits package including dental and extended health (hello massages)
- 4 weeks paid vacation starting year 1
- Supported professional development
- Paid parental leave
- Vibrant Downtown Victoria office space full of snacks, hot beverages and more
- Awesome team events (including but not limited to axe-throwing, go-karts & fishing trips)
- Collaborate with QA team, product team, and developers to plan and write code for automated testing of our various Echosec products
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall testability and quality
- Work with the QA Manager to clearly communicate and document user acceptance testing criteria for manual testing of new and existing features
- Setup and maintain new and existing Echosec test environments
- Monitor software releases for regressions using our error tracking tools and notify appropriate team members in a timely manner
- Encourage others to maintain a culture of high-quality software through education and knowledge transfer
- A few years of professional experience using tools to write unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Hungry for knowledge of industry software testing best-practices
- A deep understanding of Agile and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strive to test software with minimum supervision and guidance
- Ability to break software in unintended ways
- Not afraid to use Git and the command line when needed
- Experience using Docker and CI/CD tooling
- Comfortable with cloud logging and error tracking software to determine root cause
- Well-practiced and friendly code review principles
To apply, submit your resume here.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level