Software Manager - Reliable Controls Corporation
Software Manager - Reliable Controls Corporation
Who we are:
Reliable Controls is dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint of buildings around the world. Our team specializes in the design, development, and assembly of building automation controls and software programs.
We align ourselves with the right people and empower them in the right ways. An established company based in Victoria, BC, we nurture a strong culture of communication, trust, and collaboration. Embracing a work-life balance, promoting continuous learning, and celebrating our achievements are a few of the ways we show our enduring commitment to employees. Let’s combine our passions for building a greener future!
Deliver timely, high-value software that satisfies our dealer network and their customers. Promote end-user satisfaction by using easily understood and operated user interfaces that manage flexible feature sets on secure and sustainable platforms.
What we offer:
• A very nice modern office space with beautiful ocean views, located on the Gorge waterway
• Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus an employee contribution–matching program to help you grow your
• An annual performance bonus
• Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your coworkers
• Free convenient parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it
• Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights, and LAN parties to camping and skiing
• Free on-site gym at both locations
• Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
• A rewarding career doing work that matters
What we hope to create:
Solutions for building operators to enable the vision of Net-Zero Emissions by 2050. Help us get there.
In this role you will:
• Provide strong leadership to our team by coaching, motivating, and leading them to optimum performance levels and career
• Monitor and manage employee and team performance.
• Evaluate personnel resource requirements and assist with recruitment initiatives when needed.
• Select and administrate software tools used in development.
• Establish/analyze metrics to manage team and product performance.
• Assess, evaluate, and manage effectiveness in scrum meetings.
• Work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and external stakeholders to plan and execute software development
• Assist with defining the vision for software products.
• Advocate corporate Agile methodologies.
• Demonstrate strong leadership abilities to our customers with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements, and fixes
that are coordinated based on release schedules.
• Identify, analyze, plan and implement processes/standards where needed to continually improve and meet company
• Provide software development plans that meet future needs of customers and markets based on current technologies.
• Assist product owners and scrum teams with release and sprint planning strategies.
• Evaluate and facilitate employee skills and training.
• Ensure that all deployed software is sufficiently supported.
• Ensure software processes are efficient and fit in an ISO-certified organization.
• Become familiar with the Corporation’s complete product line, specifically the software. Knowledge should be sufficient to
manage resources in the maintenance and development of these products.
• Gain a reasonable working knowledge of the building automation industry and the application of the Corporation’s product line.
• Maintain an up-to-date “expert” level of programming skills in Reliable Controls’ primary development languages, primarily
• Technical support management on escalated software issues.
You'll have access to:
• An onboarding package to get you up to speed
• Online training courses
• Week-long classroom training course (with actual customers, side-by-side)
• A mentor
• Innovation days
• A yearly training allowance
This role might be right for you if you have:
• Post-Secondary education in computer science or related field.
• 5 years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization.
• 5 years of software development experience.
• Working experience successfully managing team projects.
• Employee selection and hiring.
• Software dev. Environments.
• Experience with version tracking software.
• Debt analysis and reduction.
• DevOps for Agile.
You’ll be successful in this position if you:
• Possess strong leadership skills with a track record of motivating high-performing teams.
• Have strong analytical and decision-making skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Have risk & root cause analysis skills.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication.
• Strong technical skills.
• Are a process-minded individual.
At Reliable Controls it’s not only experience and skills we are seeking; alignment with our values is of the utmost importance to us. Continuous improvement is vital to our organization, and we are prepared to invest in our team’s future, not just their current abilities. Let’s connect. We would love to hear from you!
Apply at: https://reliablecontrols.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=69
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level