Software QA Analyst
Software QA Analyst
Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking for two Software QA Analysts to join our R&D team, that will be an integral part of the development process at Reliable Controls. Our ideal candidates will have an understanding of testing and requirement analysis, however, we are keen on hiring individuals who will be a great fit – whether that be at a junior, intermediate or senior level. The successful candidates will step into a rewarding role that offers the right amount of challenge, while providing opportunities for growth and development in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer a competitive total compensation package, and a balanced work environment where employees come first.
Perks and benefits we offer to our team:
• Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
• A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
• An annual performance bonus
• Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
• Free convenient parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it
• Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
• On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
• Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments
• Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role
• …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
• Develop and execute software test plans for new features and products
• Manual testing with some automated testing
• Develop test tools and testing processes
• Validation of test plans and processes
• Verification of functional requirements
• Bug creation, tracking, and analysis
• Aid in defining testable acceptance criteria
• Mentor new employees and co-op students
• Troubleshooting to verify and diagnose cause of issues
• Experience in writing test plans, executing tests, and assessing defects in software
• Keen eye to detail with ability to isolate problems to repeatable steps
• Firm understanding of Web and desktop application environments
• Automated acceptance testing considered a plus
• Agile software experience (Scrum, Kanban)
• Strong communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online by filling out the application page, and uploading your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations. We look forward to receiving your application!
Application Page: https://reliablecontrols.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=42
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Entry Level