Software Systems Integration Specialist
Software Systems Integration Specialist
CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with over 9,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 220,000 civil and defence crewmembers, including more than 135,000 pilots, and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
Passionate about your field? Looking for a work environment where you can meet challenges, innovate, use state-of-the-art tools and collaborate with experts from various sectors? Want to join a world‑class company and industry leader and be proud to contribute to our projects and mission? Come join our team and share your passion with us!
As part of the Fixed Wing Search & Rescue (FWSAR) Operational Training Unit (OTU) at 19 Wing Comox, we are looking to hire an Integration Specialist as follows.
- A primary point of contact for technical matters relating to training devices and associated software
- Use judgement and problem solving skills to minimize training device downtime, improve the simulation environment, and enhance the customer experience
- Define and manage site integration priorities to include creating site integration plan, performance test, evaluation strategies/plans, and reporting on integration/performance status
- Identify and participate actively in hardware and software integration (HSI) issues and performance problems with appropriate engineers, technicians, designers, Subject Matter Experts (SME), and developers which includes hands on interaction with multiple hardware and software platforms on a daily basis
- Build and deploy software configurations
- Manage and tune systems for optimal performance with multiple platforms containing 300+ servers
Mandatory qualifications include:
- BSc degree in Computer Engineering/Science and 2-3 years work experience as an integration specialist; or 5 years of related work experience
- Eligible to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or with a valid Work Permit
- Capable of obtaining and maintaining Controlled Goods and Secret security clearances
Desirable qualifications include:
- Knowledge of CAE software and applications is an asset (OneUI, Starteam, Strive framework, Visual System, etc.)
- Understanding of a Windows networking environment
- Knowledge of C, C++ and scripting languages
We offer you:
- Autonomy within a responsible position with a high visibility
- A supportive, dynamic team and a friendly corporate culture
- Excellent global career opportunities within an international, growth-oriented company
- A wide range of services for your health and personal well-being, with a company benefits plan, pension and stock purchase plans
Does this sound like an interesting challenge for you? If so, we look forward to receiving your application
Position Type: Regular
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable