Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer
We’re a Seattle-headquartered network security company with solid funding and big ambitions. NetMotion Victoria is the company’s second headquarters and the fastest growing part of the organization. With over 20 people working from the modern downtown offices (albeit largely remotely for the time being), it is one of the core locations for a company with big ambitions.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join our Victoria office team! We are looking for somebody with a Computer Science or STEM background, who is seeking a challenging experience to apply what they have learned in their upper-level courses, such as math, operating systems, networking, or software engineering and teamwork skills to ensure we deliver high quality product and customer satisfaction. We want you to have a minimum 2 years software testing experience. We practice agile and promote sound software engineering practices – you are sure to learn a lot that will help you in your future career!
- Create and maintain effective test plan and scenarios for assigned features.
- Collaborate with Scrum team: product owner, developers, test teams to make sure user stories, tasks are well defined, and required test scenarios are covered for product release.
- Run manual and automated tests on client/server VPN application within a cloud environment.
- Test client-server applications running over wired and wireless networks on Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS platforms within an Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
- Communicate test result, test status, issues found and fix verification effectively.
- Identify manual tests that can be automated to improve test efficiency.
- Develop or improve or fix test tools.
- STEM B.S degree, Computer science or software degree preferred.
- Two or more years software testing experience on client/server product
- Two or more years software testing experience on mobile devices preferred: Android, iOS.
- Two or more years software testing experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience in setting up test environments with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking and troubleshooting experience in Windows and/ or Linux.
- Experience with Wireshark and/or NetMon
- Experience creating test automation and/or scripting with Python, Selenium and C#
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Passionate, self-motivated with good communication skill and ability to work independently balanced with being a collaborative team player.
- Attention to details, with strong analytical skills.
- Advocating for product quality
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with MDM’s
- Big data software testing experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of backend cellular technologies and RF engineering
- Working second language: Japanese, French, Italian, or German is a plus
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
If you join our team you will be working with talented colleagues who have a passion for industry leading technology. At NetMotion, we want people to enjoy the work that they do so we provide our team members with the tools and support they need to be successful. In addition, we have a collaborative and unpretentious environment where creativity is valued.
Furthermore, you will be part of the inaugural group of people who will form and define the Victoria office for NetMotion Software Canada Ltd.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- You’ll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also happen to have a great sense of humor
- You’ll be challenged and given to opportunity to solve difficult problems that will make a difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
- You’ll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
- You’ll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, a Group RRSP plan, and warm cookies on Wednesdays
- You’ll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
- You’ll be an important and valued contributor in a smaller company, joining in on the ground floor of NetMotion’s most exciting new office
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level