JEA Pension System Solutions
James Evans and Associates, Ltd. is a Victoria-based company that has been doing business in Canada and the United States for over 40 years. We have an excellent, well-established reputation in the Canadian and US pension industry. JEA offers SaaS-like and on-premises pension system administration solutions, along with pension system consulting services to a variety of clients with a diversity of needs. With over 40 years of history, JEA has proven we are both adaptable and reliable, and that, above all, we strive to form true partnerships with our clients to ensure we develop, implement and support "best in class" pension solutions for their organizations and members.
JEA is seeking an experienced system and solution architect to define and drive the overall JEA cloud cloud-native product strategy and realize this for our clients through the design and delivery of small, medium, and large implementations of our products in cloud environments, managed provider environments, and client-hosted environments. The position reports to the VP Engineering.
This role requires relevant and applied experience architecting web applications built on Oracle and open-source databases and using Oracle and open-source middleware and user interface frameworks deployed to public cloud, managed provider and on-premises environments.
The ideal candidate has prepared costing estimates for deployment options and is comfortable working and speaking directly with our clients to find the right solution for them. The role requires comprehensive knowledge of methodologies and best practices for data and system security in these deployed applications.
Beyond product and solution duties, this role includes broadly contributing to company strategy and product direction, and defining our internal IT infrastructure for developing, building, testing, and maintaining our products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and own the solution architecture for deploying JEA’s products in public cloud and other environments.
- Work directly with JEA’s clients to understand their needs and develop plans to fulfill using JEA’s products and third-party and partner technologies.
- Identify technologies and integrations that enhance our products and service delivery and guide their implementation through technical guidance and contributing to JEA’s corporate strategy.
- Determine the operating cost model for cloud-hosted implementations and collaborate with the development teams on determining implementation costs.
- Collaborate with the JEA’s DevOps and Cloud Operations teams on best practices for cloud solution delivery including security, quality, and efficiency.
- Partner with JEA’s IT team to set future directions for JEA’s internal information systems.
- Lead outreach and communication with JEA’s current and future technology partners including cloud providers, analytics and reporting systems, and infrastructure providers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience leading system deployments for large-scale web-facing solutions where the security of personal data is imperative.
- Architecting solutions that use:
- Relational databases including Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and other open-source implementations.
- Virtualized Linux and Windows infrastructure.
- Containerized infrastructure, including Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Working directly with clients to gather requirements, discuss solution options, and collaboratively resolve issues as they arise by drawing on the depth of knowledge and relevant experience
- Designing solutions for public cloud infrastructures with specific experience in database, storage, networking, access control, and security principles
- Operating cloud-hosted SaaS-like offerings
- Building and operating cloud-hosted, managed provider-hosted, and on-premises environments for solution ranging from small to large
- Maximizing commercial software license value
- Preparing and delivering written, slides, and verbal communications targeting audiences of varied technical backgrounds
- Measuring, documenting, and presenting the cost of solution options and support the business in developing proposals for clients
- Certifications in solution architecture, security, and public cloud architecture are an asset.
- Experience with Agile Scrum is an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance as a condition of employment; this includes preferably having lived in Canada for at least the past five years.
- Must be willing to work outside normal work schedule to achieve deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel for occasional client, partner, and supplier meetings
JEA uses a hybrid working model in our Victoria, BC, and Winnipeg, MB offices, and a large remote team working across Canada. We encourage applicants from all of Canada to apply.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level