At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company’s culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
VertiGIS offers a suite of products that allow our customers to rapidly build meaningful applications. Our approach to solving problems starts with our out-of-the-box software, then moves through advanced configuration, and finishes with customization using our SDKs and third-party software. The successful candidate will become an expert in ArcGIS and VertiGIS technologies.
This senior position offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies as part of our Professional Services team. The Solution Architect will be involved in all stages of a customer project, from pre-sales to post-delivery support. Our goal is to help customers rapidly recognize value and find a high level of success with VertiGIS products. We love solving complex, real-world problems for customers across different industries. Experience is preferred; enthusiasm and curiosity are required!
The ideal candidate:
- Sees the strengths and potential in their team and helps them achieve their best
- Believes in accountability and merit
- Loves working with customers to create solutions for their business challenges
- Thrives in an environment where they may be tasked with multiple projects at a time
- Is continually learning about new technologies and adapting their approach to solve problems
- Enjoys occasional business travel to client sites
- Creates and fosters relationships across different partner and client organizations
- Is comfortable being a player-coach on projects, working side-by-side with your team
- Solves new problems and identifies ways to be better
- Can draw a software architecture diagram on a whiteboard, and explain it to a non-technical audience
- Leading project technical teams and enabling them to do their best work
- Collecting requirements and assisting pre-sales activities
- Acting as the main technical point of contact for project stakeholders
- Architecting and designing web-GIS solutions for clients to use on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Acting as a trusted advisor to our clients all over the world
- Some server/network administration and troubleshooting
- Collaborating with a project manager through the lifecycle of a project
- Oversees the creation of clear and functional tests
- Reviewing deliverables in the context of requirements
- Acting as a supervisor for one or more colleagues who may not always be on your project team
- 5+ years working in software development
- You have been a developer at some point in your career
- You are comfortable leading developers and understand their tasks
- 2+ years of acting in a project or team leadership role
- Experience performing business analysis
- Experience creating solution architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
The following are considered a bonus:
- Experience working in a professional services organization
- Experience with providing managed services
- Exposure and familiarity with GIS concepts
- Experience with Geocortex products
- Esri certifications
Apply now at https://vertigis.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=122
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend)
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Our clients like us
- We're debt-free and profitable
- Fair, equitable salaries, a good group benefits program, health spending account, RRSP matching, and profit sharing
- A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio (complete with BBQ)
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Thursday lunchtime speakers (with lunch included)
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is)
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).