Solutions Architect - VertiGIS
Solutions Architect - VertiGIS
This senior position offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies as part of our Professional Services team
At VertiGIS, we build powerful GIS software. Our portfolio of products, solutions, and services enhance the capabilities of leading mapping software, most notably Esri’s ArcGIS. For decades, professionals have relied upon us to overcome complex technical challenges so that they can make a significant impact in the world.
VertiGIS offers challenging and meaningful careers. Our employees help make a difference in the world through our technologies. We believe every individual contributes to a company’s culture through attitude, interests, and skills. Our teams are comprised of passionate, high-performing individuals that come from a diverse set of educational, cultural, and professional backgrounds. Together we strive to do great work, support each other in growth, and have fun!
VertiGIS offers a suite of products that allow our customers to rapidly build meaningful applications. Our approach to solving problems starts with our out-of-the-box software, then moves through advanced configuration, and finishes with customization using our SDKs and third-party software. The successful candidate will become an expert in ArcGIS and VertiGIS technologies.
This senior position offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies as part of our Professional Services team. The Solutions Architect will be involved in all stages of a customer project, from pre-sales to post-delivery support. Our goal is to help customers rapidly recognize value and find a high level of success with VertiGIS products. We love solving complex, real-world problems for customers across different industries. Experience is preferred; enthusiasm and curiosity are required!
- Leading project technical teams and enabling them to do their best work
- Collecting requirements and assisting pre-sales activities
- Acting as the main technical point of contact for project stakeholders
- Architecting and designing web-GIS solutions for clients to use on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Acting as a trusted advisor to our clients all over the world
- Some server/network administration and troubleshooting
- Collaborating with a project manager through the lifecycle of a project
- Oversees the creation of clear and functional tests
- Reviewing deliverables in the context of requirements
- Acting as a supervisor for one or more colleagues who may not always be on your project team
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has previously designed successful software implementations which addressed scalability, security, usability, and architectural concerns
- Sees the strengths and potential in their team and helps them achieve their best
- Believes in accountability and merit
- Loves working with customers to create solutions for their business challenges
- Thrives in an environment where they may be tasked with multiple projects at a time
- Is continually learning about new technologies and adapting their approach to solve problems
- Enjoys occasional business travel to client sites
- Creates and fosters relationships across different partner and client organizations
- Is comfortable being a player-coach on projects, working side-by-side with your team
- Solves new problems and identifies ways to be better
- Can draw a software architecture diagram on a whiteboard, and explain it to a non-technical audience
- Has a degree or diploma in a software field and/or relevant industry experience
- 5+ years working in software development
- You have been a developer at some point in your career
- You are comfortable leading developers and understand their tasks
- 2+ years of acting in a project or team leadership role
- Experience performing business analysis
- Experience creating solution architecture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
The Following are Considered a Bonus:
- Experience working in a professional services organization
- Experience with providing managed services
- Exposure and familiarity with GIS concepts
- Esri certifications
- Experience with VertiGIS Studio products
- Experience with Azure or Amazon cloud offerings
Team / Career Growth
- Top-notch colleagues that like and respect one another
- We listen to peoples' ideas—and act on them
- A supportive environment with opportunity for training, mentoring, professional development, and advancement
- Challenging, interesting work
- Cutting edge technology that improves the world around us
- We're recognized experts in our field—people around the world seek us out
- Fair and equitable salaries, as well as profit sharing
- A competitive group benefits program for you and your family
- A health and lifestyle spending account
- RRSP matching
- 4 weeks of vacation to start and 5 weeks of vacation after 5 years with the company
- Bottomless book budget
- Company summer and winter parties (that are fun to attend!)
- A hybrid working model allowing employees to split time between the office and home
- A central downtown office location overlooking Victoria's Inner Harbour
- An amazing rooftop patio
- High-end hardware and equipment, in the office and at home
- Secure bike storage and showers
- Lunchtime yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Healthy snacks
- Good coffee (we know how important this is!)
At VertiGIS, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We encourage everyone who is interested in the role, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or age, to apply. Unique perspectives and experiences are what make our teams strong!
If you self-identify as having a disability, please let us know how we can best assist you. Accommodation is available upon request at any time during the recruitment process.
VertiGIS Compensation Philosophy
At VertiGIS, we strive to offer competitive total compensation packages that include both direct and non-direct compensation such as salary, health care and retirement benefits, variable/incentive pay, paid time off, and other benefits and perks.
Our job postings reflect the expected pay or pay range for each position in alignment with our compensation philosophy and salary budget. This reflects what we feel is competitive based on the profile of candidate we are seeking. The background, experience, and skill set we are seeking will be outlined in the role requirements.
We strive to have a comprehensive approach to compensation and ensure that employees are paid based on the value they bring to the company.
We’re a great place to build your career.
Our colleagues are great people and make our company the kind of place we enjoy coming to every day. We reward top performers and stay true to our core values. Since 1999, we’ve built our business based on steady, sustainable growth – we’re still growing and our future is bright!
Note: To avoid potential formatting issues, we require that you submit your cover letter and resume as PDF files.
Note: We use a recruitment tool to reach out to candidates so please check your inbox to ensure our emails are not being filtered as "Social" or "Promotions" (our provider has been notified).
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC