Sr. DSP and Signal Processing Engineer
Sr. DSP and Signal Processing Engineer
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer requirements and application use cases to derive key system requirements and convert requirements to a comprehensive system design.
- Audio DSP algorithm design and implementation
- Real-time processing with architecture-specific optimizations for CPUs, GPUs or DSPs
- Experience modeling DSP algorithms and systems in C/C++
- Proficient embedded software/firmware development skills
- Familiarity with analog signal processing chains and performance metrics
- Present data, methods, and conclusions to the technical and leadership team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working on prototype hardware.
- Experience implementing algorithms in bare metal and embedded RTOS environments.
- Strong algorithm debugging skills.
- Demonstrated experience in designing audio algorithms for professional audio devices (e.g., noise cancellation, echo cancellation, noise suppression, multi-band compression, equalization, adaptive filtering, speaker protection, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills and experience working in a cross-functional and inter-disciplinary team to tackle design and product implementation problems.
- Experience working in a team-based Agile environment.
- Ability to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting. Demonstrated experience in designing audio algorithms for professional audio devices (e.g., noise cancellation, echo cancellation, noise suppression, multi-band compression, equalization, adaptive filtering, speaker protection, etc.)
Competencies and Skills:
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 4+ years of programming experience in C/C++ for real-time signal processing
- 2+ years of experience with real-time, embedded audio processing for audio hardware
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical office environment with moderate noise levels. The workspace may be open, informal and communal in nature with the accompanying distractions of co-worker traffic and employee conversations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- Independent body mobility to access a standard office environment with shelves and drawers of varying heights.
- Vision sufficient to read a computer screen, 12 point and finer printed text, and handwritten documents.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard on a daily basis.
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate clearly in person, over the telephone, and in small groups.
- Mental stamina for problem solving and dealing with stressful situations; prioritizing multiple tasks; interpret and apply oral/written instructions.
- Regular office hours with occasional work during non-business hours as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Normal design engineering conditions with most of the work performed in a test lab environment.
- Regular business hours with occasional overtime and/or off hours required.
LOUD Audio believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the company success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote, Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level