SSI PLM Implementation Specialist
SSI PLM Implementation Specialist
ShipConstructor Software Inc. BC
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with innovative enterprise software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects.
About the Opportunity
SSI has developed ShipbuildingPLM as a vertical specialist PLM solution for the shipbuilding industry, using the Aras Innovator technology foundation. ShipbuildingPLM is tightly integrated with SSI´s ShipConstructor 3D CAD/CAM system, which has been deployed in over 400 clients worldwide.
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their SSI Enterprise Solutions team as a PLM Implementation Specialist. The purpose of this role is to engage directly with key clients implementing SSI´s ShipbuildingPLM software to address their unique business challenges, as well as assist with roll-out and post go-live sustainment activities.
Specifically, day-to-day duties may include:
- Technical demonstrations of SSI ShipbuildingPLM and Aras Innovator software capabilities.
- Use case requirements capture, data model and workflow mapping.
- ShipbuildingPLM/Aras Innovator configuration and customization
- Technical review of interim project deliverables.
- Development of client specific training / presentation material.
- Administrator and end-user PLM training.
- Post go-live sustainment and support.
- Offer technical support/expertise to the SSI Client Success team troubleshooting ShipbuildingPLM/Aras Innovator client reported issues.
PLM adoption in the shipbuilding industry is poised for significant expansion in the next five years and SSI is uniquely positioned to address that demand. This role would be best suited to someone who enjoys enterprise software implementation projects, engaging with clients as they start their PLM journey and being part of a team focused on the delivery of successful PLM projects that effectively address client requirements and add value to their business.
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- At least 4 (four) years experience implementing PLM projects in medium to large manufacturing industries, ideally with some exposure to shipbuilding/offshore or Engineer-To-Order industry experience.
- Familiarity with the Aras Innovator PLM platform is desired, however, experience with other PLM platforms (Teamcenter, Windchill) will also be considered.
- Experience in PLM integration with enterprise software such as ERP/MES.
- Sufficient software development expertise to support development of client specific PLM configuration and customizations.
- The ability to travel and work on-site at various shipyards and design offices worldwide (post-COVID).
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up their team. Although the work may be challenging, they foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment;
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance;
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more);
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives.
Upon joining SSI, the successful candidate will receive a competitive base salary, plus great employee benefits including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision;
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Program;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today! https://applynow.net.au/jobs/SSI46
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level