Supervisor, Enterprise Business Systems
Supervisor, Enterprise Business Systems
We love that our head office is in Victoria and we bet you do too! We are happy you have decided to explore a career with BC Transit, this is a great city to work and live in. We are passionate about helping reduce congestion in the city and providing a public service to everyone in BC (except for Metro Vancouver). We have innovative new bus lanes being installed from Colwood to Downtown in both directions, real time GPS being installed in the full fleet across the province and we are beginning to explore mobile payment options among other things. It is an exciting time to be in the transit industry and we are looking for fun, creative, passionate people to join our amazing team. Not only would you work with an incredible team, you would also receive great benefits and a pension plan to boot. Keep reading to find out if this role makes you feel excited to come to work each day!
What will you do?
You will be an essential member of the Enterprise Business Systems team (aka Enterprise Applications), which oversees all application systems that support core business functions such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), financial and operations systems, data management and systems integration.
As the successful applicant, you have a strong generalist background, with a broad understanding and experience with application support and development, cloud technologies, database administration and data management, networking, security, and infrastructure and can create lasting relationships between business, applications, and technology teams.
You’ll assist the Manager, Enterprise Business Systems in leading BC Transit's enterprise applications management, support, integration, and development programs, while working closely with internal and external customers and team members to deliver value through projects, operations, and innovative solutions.
Day-to-day, you’ll provide support with scheduling, performance management, recruitment, work supervision, operations, incident escalations, monitoring, application and integration road mapping, customer relationship management, requirements gathering and application and integration assessment.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with strong experience in the following areas:
- Strategy & Planning
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Operational Management
- Leadership and Talent Management
What education will you need to be successful?
We love lifelong Learners and recommend the following mix of education or certifications to be successful in conjunction with relevant experience:
- Degree in information technology/computer science or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Project Management or business analysis coursework or certifications
- Agile and SCRUM certifications or training
- Azure, AWS, or other cloud provider certifications
- ITIL certifications are considered an asset
General & Leadership:
- Three years' senior-level experience supporting, architecting, or developing enterprise applications such as ERP, mission-critical applications or systems, and cloud-based applications
- Progressive experience in team leadership, performance management, mentoring, and personal development
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and excellent communication skills
- Familiar with software development lifecycle methodologies
- Experience with writing technical specifications, documentation, and knowledge systems
- Experience with Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) and Security Threat and Risk Assessments (STRA)
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and techniques of project management and business analysis
- Experience with integrating corporate strategies, functions, and programs into team activities and plans
- Knowledge of the relevant policies, procedures, and legislation (such as FOIPPA)
- Planning and coordination skills to manage projects, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate programs
- Strong generalist that has a broad understanding and experience with application support and development, cloud technologies, networking, security, automation, and infrastructure
- Knowledge of service reliability and system architecture and design (High availability, disaster recovery, site reliability engineering)
- Experience and familiarity with web development and website management principles such as web servers, web services and APIs, performance monitoring, and content management
- Familiarity with Microsoft environments (Windows, Active Directory, Microsoft 365) and Linux environments
- Experience with cloud providers, particularly Azure, including web applications, storage, and databases
To view the full job description for this role please visit our careers page: https://bctransitcareers.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
- Some travel is expected with this role – Up to 10%
- After-hours support escalation and triage is expected
- The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check Or Vulnerable Sector Search
- Testing and assessments may be included as part of the recruitment process
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies
- If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you
BC Transit Offers
- Life Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Vacation (based on the terms outlined in the appropriate collective agreement or exempt policy handbook)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Spending account
- Employee fitness centre, at both the Victoria and Langford depots (not currently open due to COVID-19)
- A complimentary BC Transit bus pass, plus taxable dependant passes
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Social Club
- Employee Recognition Program – Recognizing Excellent Values (REV)
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level