System QA Analyst
System QA Analyst
Reliable Controls Corporation
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are looking for a System QA Analyst to join our R&D team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our System team to help test our entire system for usability, and to ensure all components are performing as designed. Our ideal candidate is passionate about teamwork and quality assurance, possesses technical aptitude, is interested in using devices to take control of the physical environment, and is willing to learn our products and industry. This position will provide a good amount of challenge to the right candidate, and allow opportunities for growth and development in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer a competitive total compensation package, and a balanced workplace where employees come first.
Perks and Benefits we offer to our team:
- Highly competitive extended health and dental plans for you and your family
- A yearly RRSP contribution on the company’s behalf, plus an employee contribution matching program to help you grow your financial well-being
- An annual performance bonus
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community, on your own or as a part of a group with your co-workers
- Free convenient parking, or choose our green transportation option and be paid for it
- Social Committee events almost every month, from potlucks, game nights and LAN parties to camping and skiing
- On-site, free gym for the Hallowell location residents, or a substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
- …and most importantly, a genuinely great culture fostered by the senior management team and sustained by fantastic people!
- Enhance and execute test plans for our software, firmware, and hardware products
- Plan, construct, and maintain complex test systems and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot to verify and diagnose cause of issues
- Record test results and issues found using our testing and bug tracking software
- Verification of functional requirements across products
- Make recommendations for system changes and improvements
- Understand how the different components of our system interact with one another
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software or Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Strong general computer and IT skills, including networking experience
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Methodical troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Strong desire to be part of a team that produces high-quality applications
- Experience creating test plans, executing tests, and assessing defects
- Familiarity with test management and documentation systems
- Experience with packet capturing software such as Wireshark is an asset
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and concepts is an asset
- Experience with virtualization and VMware vSphere is an asset
- Experience with enterprise Ethernet networking equipment is an asset
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online by filling out the application page, and uploading your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations. We look forward to receiving your application!
As a privately-owned, Canadian corporation since 1986, we are dedicated to providing simple, flexible, and sustainable systems, economically targeted to meet the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. We are proud to have design, development, assembly, service, and repairs housed in Victoria, Canada. Our state-of-the art LEED Platinum certified headquarters annex consumes only one eighth of the energy of a comparable commercial building in Canada. Our senior management team, along with daily support from our staff, create a unique culture of trust, caring and engagement where employees feel empowered to work, live, learn and be creative.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Not Applicable