ShipConstructor Software Inc.
About the Opportunity
Due to our continued growth, SSI CA is currently seeking to fill a Systems Administrator position in our IT department in Victoria, BC. This position will require the candidate to work in our office full-time in Victoria, BC. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to work with a high-performing IT team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of IT experts who continually push the boundaries of the technologies and methodologies of effective information technology. SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
- Provide support for Internal Employee requests, analyze problems and escalate issues, when necessary.
- Communicate technical information to nontechnical users
- Troubleshoot desktop and printer hardware and software issues; resolve issues to the end user's satisfaction.
- Install, configure, and test all new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Troubleshooting, LAN/WAN and connectivity issues.
- Ensuring the integrity of data storage and backup systems.
- Using security tools to protect the network from hackers, malware, and other threats.
- Anticipating problems and resolving them before they impact users when possible.
- Testing software and reviewing application logs.
- Adding, removing, or updating user information like passwords or internal email addresses.
- Minimum 3 years' of professional related experience.
- A demonstrated aptitude and interest in technology.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to problem solve and follow direction effectively.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new technology and procedures.
- Must have a valid Canadian Work Permit.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the resolution of issues related to desktop, servers, applications or network systems in a Windows environment.
- Proven experience supporting Windows based environment Microsoft Windows Server family.
- Support experience in a Domain environment.
- Functional knowledge of Network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
Beneficial to have:
- Experience working in a ticketing system with detailed note taking skills.
- Microsoft Office 365 support experience.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies Such as VMware.
- Experience with Sophos, Dell, Unity, networking equipment.
- Customer service experience.
- A university degree, diploma in computer science or related IT certificates.
- Microsoft certification(s) MCSA or MCITP
- CISCO certifications(s)
- CCNA (Not Required but would be helpful)
Please note: The successful candidate must either be a Canadian Citizen, or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit and be willing to work in the SSI office in Victoria, BC full-time.
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full Benefit package, competitive wages and profit sharing, as well as education benefits and self paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level