Vancouver Island Regional Library
Vancouver Island Regional Library is looking for three Systems Analysts to join our IT Team. These positions are located at our Administration Office in Nanaimo.
Under the direction of the IT Operations Manager, the Systems Analyst administers and supports Vancouver Island Regional Library’s (VIRL) server, virtualization stacks, network, and enterprise storage environment on a daily basis. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise and for resolving complex technical issues. The Systems Analyst will work with other team members and provide direction for these solutions whether hosted on premise or off premise or cloud.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Expert knowledge to efficiently build, maintain and support complex virtualized network, server and storage environments.
• Experience with disaster recovery related principles.
• Working knowledge to efficiently build, maintain and support complex network, server, and storage environments.
• Working knowledge of common network systems such as Cisco/Meraki and Sonic firewalls.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group policy, distributed file system and cloud architectures including Azure services and Office 365.
• Working knowledge of common software packages such as Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Antivirus software, and other common industry standard software.
• Ability to provide tier 2 and 3 level support for desktop and infrastructure issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to identify and proactively resolve network/server problems using central managed tools sets.
• Ability to identify and serve internal and external customers consistently, achieving a high level of customer satisfaction through assessing needs, establishing goals and resolving issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within diverse teams.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple project commitments and timelines.
• Ability to work with external vendors and service providers to design and implement complex technology projects.
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
• Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with others.
• Demonstrated integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality associated with proprietary organizational, employee and customer data.
Required Education & Experience:
• Completion of a Degree or Diploma in the Information Technology field or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 5 years’ of service desk experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience building and supporting virtual environments.
• Completion of ITIL and/or DevOps Training.
• Professional Network Certifications, MCSE, ISP, VMWare and/or CCNA would be as asset.
You are required to have a valid BC Driver’s License and will also be required to satisfactorily complete a Criminal Record Check (Working with Children & Vulnerable Adults).
This is a CUPE Unionized position providing an hourly rate of $33.44 per hour.
This position closes on Monday, July 19, 2021 at 4:00pm.
Your cover letter should clearly identify how you have the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this position. All candidates who are selected to participate in an interview will be required to complete a knowledge test as part of the recruitment process.
For more information and to apply online please go to https://virl.bc.ca/jobs/systems-analyst/
VIRL thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Nanaimo, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level