Vivid Solutions is an information management company specializing in software development. Solid industry credentials and a professional but approachable corporate culture make Vivid Solutions the company that will enable you to do your best work ever. We are looking for talented and open-minded resources to assist us in continuing to provide our growing client base with the innovative business solutions they have come to expect from Vivid Solutions.
Why Vivid Solutions?
Why is Vivid Solutions different? Well, we are really passionate about what we do and care about what we deliver. We are quick to embrace new technology and new ideas and apply them to problems, we can adjust our corporate polices quickly and do whatever it takes to remain competitive and successful for both our team and our clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to provide technical support to our internal management and development teams.
- Build, maintain and support network, server, and storage environments.
- Provide support for desktop, infrastructure, and development technologies in a timely manner.
- Proactively resolve hardware/network/server/software problems using central managed tool sets.
- Deliver exceptional service to development teams from initiation of support incident through to completion and communicating effectively with the development teams throughout the process.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within diverse teams.
- Work with minimal supervision and manage multiple project commitments and timelines.
- Work well under pressure and maintain a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Communicate respectfully and effectively with others.
- Configure user accounts and perform general system administration to ensure access and security to appropriate network services and systems.
- Assure that best practices and IT policies and procedures are properly observed and maintained.
- Accurately log and maintain issue/service requests, asset records and documentation in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Accurately maintain detailed timesheet information daily using internal timesheet management system.
- Standard forty-hour work week, some after-hours emergency support and regular scheduled maintenance may be required.
Skills and Experience:
- Completion of a Degree or Diploma in the Information Technology field or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 2+ years experience providing infrastructure support services.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors).
- Knowledge in managing Windows Clients, Windows Servers, and Linux Servers.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group policy, distributed file system and cloud architectures including Azure services and Office 365.
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, Routing, VLAN, firewalls, etc.)
- Admin knowledge of common software packages such as Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, and Slack.
Nice to have:
- Awareness of Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Experience with managing Jira and Confluence cloud sites.
- Some DevOps experience.
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Annual allocation of sick time.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Team events.
- Professional Development.
- Personal Health and Wellness benefit.
We are willing to work with and train a person in the job if not all the above skills are covered, assuming a person has some existing technical experience or related training and there is motivation and willingness to learn on the job.
Position to remain open until filled.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level