Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Semaphore Solutions Inc
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Founded by software industry experts, Semaphore is the leading global provider of software solutions for high throughput and high complexity molecular diagnostic laboratories. Our clients are pushing the limits of genetic sequencing and other molecular diagnostic technologies to fight cancer, increase diagnostic accuracy, and improve health outcomes for the general population. Molecular diagnostics is playing a key role in the global response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and our clients are also providing critical high-volume testing capacity for their geographical areas.
Semaphore offers a unique combination of software and services that is enabling our clients to realize the full potential of genomic science. Our client base is global, concentrated mainly in the United States. As our team grows, we look to include more people motivated to solve interesting problems and to collaborate on original solutions.
We are currently seeking a part-time, approx 28-32 hour per week Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our team as we continue in an exciting time of growth!
About the Opportunity
Our Talent Acquisition Specialist's goal is to partner with various stakeholders to manage Semaphore’s recruitment goals, while advocating for the candidate experience. In this role, you will be the go-to person for all things hiring, including; sourcing new team members, managing the recruitment pipeline and driving hiring initiatives. You will facilitate Semaphore's recruitment cycle using our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), leverage strong communication skills to prepare job postings and support a positive onboarding experience. You will join our People Operations team and support a culture of inclusivity and a welcoming environment for both current and new team members.
We are seeking someone who is motivated by process improvement, building relationships and leveraging data to support business decisions as we grow. In addition, we are looking for someone who is excited to play a key part in the growth of Semaphore and actively share knowledge of recruitment best practices with the broader team.
With many moving parts, we are looking for an individual who is experienced in prioritizing tasks and managing expectations between stakeholders. As a small team, we often wear many hats so this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work across disciplines and learn about a growing business in the complex health sciences domain!
What to Expect
Within the first two weeks:
- You’ll train alongside our People Operations Lead and get up to speed on our recruiting processes.
- You'll be trained to use Lever, our ATS, and how it supports our recruitment cycle.
- You’ll learn Semaphore’s day to day operations and where your role fits.
- You'll meet our Leadership, Finance and PM Teams and learn how each group contributes to the objectives and operations of the business.
Within the first month:
- You’ll become comfortable with some of our collaboration tools (ie. Google meet, slack, confluence, Google Docs).
- You'll be introduced to recruitment stakeholders such as hiring managers and external recruiters.
- You’ll start managing some of our recruitment processes such as sourcing, resume intake and scheduling.
- You’ll experience a company stand-up and enjoy (a virtual) lunch with the team.
- You’ll participate in your first weekly Staffing meeting with the CEO, COO and Program Manager to learn and plan for potential staffing needs.
Within three months:
- You’ll have met the Semaphore team and feel comfortable answering recruitment related questions.
- You’ll represent Semaphore in recruiting initiatives and confidently speak to potential candidates about Semaphore’s growth goals.
- You’ll participate in Employer Branding efforts and recruitment campaigns
- You'll start to identify ways to improve and innovate on Semaphore’s recruiting processes.
- You’ll research recruitment initiatives in the community and manage Semaphore’s participation in these events.
- You'll feel confident in Semaphore's day to day operations and our business model(s).
Within six months:
- You’ll own hiring processes from initial kick off conversations with hiring managers to developing all the way to participating in offer discussions.
- You'll proactively plan for future staffing considerations and actively contribute in the weekly staffing meetings.
- You'll confidently advise hiring managers or key stakeholders on information related to recruitment such as hiring metrics and recruitment research.
- You’ll have maintained and improved internal operational processes and documented successes and challenges with the support of the team.
- You'll collaborate with our Office Admin and other team members to support team and company events.
- You have worked in a Recruitment of People Operations role for a minimum of 2 years.
- You have experience building and driving talent sourcing initiatives.
- You are people-centric and committed to maintaining an inclusive, positive workplace culture.
- You bring a self-motivated drive with an ability to adapt quickly to evolving priorities and find creative solutions to challenges.
- You think critically and can easily identify opportunities for improvement.
- You value attention to detail and data, which you use to support your decision-making.
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and skilled at building trusting relationships.
- Ability to work from the Victoria office (once safe to do so) to support on-site responsibilities such as interviews.
Nice to Haves
- Experience recruiting in the software industry is an asset.
- Experience working with Google Suite and an Applicant Tracking System (Lever) is preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application directly through our careers site here: https://jobs.lever.co/semaphoresolutions/179866d0-220f-4bf7-b963-40c9eaa7934f
In your application, please include both your resume and cover letter.
More About Us
We offer competitive salaries, vacation, extended health/dental, flexible hours and options to work from home or remote. Our downtown office is equipped with secure, street-level bike storage and lots of sunny patio space for office events, lunch or meetings. Please note that due to the current COVID pandemic, the Semaphore team is working fully remotely. As there is still uncertainty as to when distancing restrictions will ease, the requirement to work from home may change.
If you are interested in learning more about what we do, our impact on global health and to meet our team check out our Careers Page!
Semaphore is committed to prioritizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and recognizes that this commitment requires intentional learning and growth. Through our recruitment process and internal practices, our goal is to recognize and incorporate diverse perspectives into our workplace and create an environment where everyone can find a sense of belonging. We do this by actively seeking feedback from all team members, challenging the status quo, and making concrete changes as a result.
Job Type : Part-time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level