Ministry of Finance
Team Lead, Test Services
$77,971.00 - $89,102.00 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Reporting to the Director, RMS Services, the Team Lead, Test Services provides leadership and oversight to the ministry Test Team as well as plans and ensures the delivery of quality and consistent testing services across IMB. Testing ensures IM/IT service quality and access to information in support of client programs. The Test Team Lead establishes, maintains and promotes testing practices, processes, tools, templates and standards and works collaboratively with stakeholders and team members across government providing testing related leadership, guidance, consulting and mentoring.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. We acknowledge all Indigenous peoples on whose territories we work and play. We honour their connections to the land and respect the importance of the diverse teachings, traditions, and practices within these territories. Consider joining our team and helping us build an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma or higher in a related field such as computer science or information systems.
- Minimum five years of relevant testing experience in an IM/IT setting. Preference may be given to candidates with more years of experience.
- Minimum three years experience leading a test team. Preference may be given to candidates with more years of experience.
- Experience with test methods and processes (e.g. writing test strategies/test plans, setting up test environments, regression testing, performance testing, defect management).
- Experience with one or more testing tools.
- Experience with one or more software methodologies.
- Experience working across multiple teams, projects, and/or applications.
- Preference may be given to applicants with CSTP/ISTQB certification.
For more information and to apply online by March 7, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/74934