Position Title: Technical Analyst
Closing Date: December 7, 2021
Pay Range: 21
Bi-Weekly Salary: $2833.41 to $3242.21
Bi-weekly Work Schedule: 75 hours
Location: Regional, BC
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Service Delivery Unit: Technology Engineering Services
The Technical Analyst works under the direction of a Manager in the area of service and project delivery to enhance and maintain the customer’s desktop infrastructure, affecting services provided to all government ministries and agencies. The incumbent supports project and service delivery in a distributed IT infrastructure support system, including centrally located service desks and support staff, as well as distributed support staff and contractors deployed to client ministry sites throughout the province.
- Reviews and analyzes customer service requests and conducts technical and procedural analysis on the less complex requests. Recommends (to senior staff) appropriate technical and/or procedural solutions to meet client needs.
- Receives and resolves, (or assists in the resolution of), assigned Level 2 and 3 tickets forwarded from other service delivery units.
- Analyzes problem trends and recommends problem resolution procedures. Works with other service delivery units in resolving problems.
- Conducts testing of application deployments to ensure quality assurance of end product. Reviews, tests, and conducts quality assurance on imaging changes.
- Provides client maintenance by ensuring SCCM functionality on all desk-tops so that the organization can quickly and cost-effectively provide relevant software and updates to clients.
- Participates in the development and documentation of systems standards, configuration standards.
- Drafts Technical Information Bulletins for service delivery units and service partners. Provides information sessions as required.
- Researches technical information and hardware/software capabilities to recommend improvements.
- Coordinates knowledge creation and updates including knowledge structure and tools. Develops and evolves knowledge structure, and develops and maintains knowledge templates to gather client and project information. Publishes knowledge on appropriate knowledge base. Determines level of communications required for the knowledge update and ensures knowledge is disseminated to appropriate staff.
- Monitors various system metrics and checklists, generates and/or analyzes various reports including statistical reports related to SLA's, project requests, and operational performance reports.
- Conducts problem and trend analysis and makes recommendations to improve operations.
- Conducts assessments to determine if negotiated baselines have been met, not met, or exceeded. Undertakes analysis to determine factors that may have affected the performance and the impacts this performance has had on service levels.
Education and Experience
- Related degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and/or training.
- Technical experience analyzing and resolving complex problems in the following areas:
- Windows 7 or later Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- Active Directory Group Policy Objects
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (MSCCM) or later client and software distributions. An equivalent product would be acceptable
Skills and Abilities
We are looking for:
- An excellent communicator who is able to prepare, edit, and proof-read a variety technical Materials and connect with their audience, both orally and in writing, by providing clear information at the appropriate level and responding accordingly to on-the-spot questions without pre-scripted responses while maintaining credibility and integrity.
- A kind individual who knows the importance of listening and deals effectively with demanding and sometimes frustrated individuals or groups at various levels, remaining focused on outcomes, and responding appropriately in order to clarify or resolve issues.
- A proactive individual who organizes and manages fluctuating workload effectively, efficiently and independently in a variety of operational settings, achieving results within the assigned time frames.
- A focused individual who analyzes technical issues systematically, pays attention to detail, identifies options, draws logical conclusions and develops appropriate courses of action using innovation, creativity, good judgement and strategic thinking.
- A resourceful individual who applies information technology to find effective solutions to business problems. It includes using fundamental software applications, keeping abreast of changes and integrating technology into the workplace.
Additional information for applicants:
To be considered for this position, please visit https://www.ismcanada.com/careers to complete a mandatory pre-screening questionnaire. Please make sure you provide detailed information as ISM cannot make assumptions about your qualifications.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the Position Requirements section above.
This position can be done virtually, however, the candidate has to reside in the Province of British Columbia, due to the union certification requirements.
An eligibility list may be created.
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Nanaimo, BC, Duncan, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level