Technical Antenna - Schneider Electric
Technical Antenna - Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric Victoria acknowledges that our people are privileged to live and work in the traditional territories of the Lkwungen, Malahat, Pacheedaht, Scia’new, T’Sou-ke and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. Schneider Electric endeavours to continue to work with Indigenous First Nations to respectfully acknowledge history and mutual goals for prosperity.
Company Values and Vision
Globally, Schneider Electric was ranked as the world's most sustainable corporation in 2021. Locally, we design products that enable industries to realize their decarbonization objectives, making the world a better place to live. Schneider Electric strives to be a company that is driven by meaningful purpose and continuously creates an inclusive working environment. We want to be the most diverse, inclusive and equitable company - globally.
If you think this is corporate lip service, check out our Diversity and Inclusion webpage. Our ambition is to enable empowered, happy employees because we feel this unlocks creativity, curiosity, and innovation. By joining Schneider Electric, your career possibilities are diverse with opportunities locally and globally, spanning the full spectrum of technical domains. Join us to turn your career dream into reality and help save the planet!
Introduction to Schneider Electric in Victoria, BC
Schneider Electric is excited to offer an opportunity to join the Hedgehogs team in Victoria, BC Canada. The Hedgehogs are a multi-disciplinary scrum team that designs, builds, and supports the best power metering products in the world. As a member of the Hedgehogs, you would join a collaborative, energetic and passionate team with global reach. Each team member is valued for their unique talents, and we strongly believe that we achieve more together. We collectively strive for continuous improvement, personal growth and having fun!
We build advanced power metering products such as the ION9000 and PM8000 which are used by utilities and industries around the world. Our products help customers make the most of their energy and in turn, decarbonize the planet. Our products are prize-winners! The ION9000 took the honors for the 2021 Engineers' Choice award.
Description of the Position
Generally, the Technical Antenna is responsible for managing the communication between Engineering and the production plant. They are the first point of contact for outgoing and incoming requests, in addition to monitoring and reporting on release progress. These four categories are further clarified below:
- Release product changes to the plants – outgoing requests.
The Technical Antenna communicates product changes to the plants. For a release, the Technical Antenna creates a release plan to navigate concurrent changes at the plants. The changes can be as small as a component change or as large as the launch of a new product. The Technical Antenna prepares the details necessary to communicate the change, which often involves updates to bill-of-materials for products, sub-assemblies or PCBAs.
- Service change requests from the plants – incoming requests.
- The Technical Antenna serves as the first point of communication for change requests from a plant, e.g. for yield improvements, to use a different part, quality etc. The Technical Antenna will work with their Hedgehogs team members to determine how to service the request: prioritization, implementation and release strategy. The Technical Antenna will leverage the expertise and support of the team members to determine the best path forward.
- Keep a pulse on the plants – monitoring.
- The Technical Antenna will need to ensure that released changes are being implemented correctly by the plant. This is typically done through weekly meetings led by the Technical Antenna and through the curation of good working relationships with plants. Often, a release involves coordination with other aspects of the product portfolio, e.g. firmware or test fixtures. The Technical Antenna considers these impacts and discusses the potential impacts with the appropriate external team or experts, e.g. Industrialization.
- Communicate to the Department – reporting.
The Technical Antenna attends various meetings throughout the cadence of a sprint; some with the team, some with stakeholders and some with both. During these meetings, the Technical Antenna may be asked for the progress of release and to communicate any challenges.
In short, the Technical Antenna is a dynamic role that leverages a diverse array of skills. Each day will have new and exciting challenges, include collaboration with people from many geographies and backgrounds, and have growth opportunities ready to be captured. The role has visibility to stakeholders and leaders from several domains. There is a high-degree of autonomy, meaning the Technical Antenna has agency for continuous improvement!
- Hybrid work environment and flexible work arrangement
- Employee and Family assistance program
- Well-being program (training and coaching for healthy habits, and rewards for achievements)
- Annual discounted stock purchase offer
- Our Victoria office was recognized locally as a Green and Ocean Friendly business.
- Funding for employee clubs, e.g. ice hockey, yoga, Toastmasters, photography, board games, tennis and many more, or you can start your own!
Please apply here
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : ""