Technical Development Support
Technical Development Support
ShipConstructor Software Inc.
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
We are an established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects.
Our culture is based on the principles of authentic openness, focus, continuous improvement, accountability, and responsible innovation. And we strive to create a healthy work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is comfortable and motivated by their team and the engaging, fascinating and challenging work in front of them.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for a permanent, full time Technical Development Support to join one of our development teams in Victoria, British Columbia. A successful candidate will contribute to the creation of innovative solutions for the shipbuilding industry as a member of our team. You will collaborate to solve tough problems, and have the opportunity to grow and take on new challenges.
This is a support position within one of our development teams that will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving the team's software systems, which include multiple servers, continuous integration, and regression/integration testing. Bring your ideas for how to streamline, stabilize, and further automate development processes! Internal tools development is also a possibility for this position, depending on interests and skills.
What we look for:
- Technical Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Creative problem solving skills
Great to Have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft networking
- Monitoring and troubleshooting server performance
- SQL Server or other relational database experience
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Managing and maintaining a regression testing system
- Managing automation pipeline
- Experience working on Front-End Web technologies (JS, CSS, jQuery, REST)
- Experience with the Azure DevOps Git versioning control system
- Experience with automation (test and build)
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to work remotely within Canada with the eventual relocation to Victoria, BC, and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, the successful incumbent can expect to receive a competitive annual salary, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level